Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. We employ 150+ people across its operations in New York, Israel and India.
The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. Each month our crowdsource investment analysis draws an audience of 5.2MM+ monthly visitors to our real-time alerts products on email and mobile.
We handpick articles from the world’s top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters, publishing 500 unique article and news updates daily. The company gives a voice to over 5.5MM registered users, including 12,000+ contributors and individuals averaging 130,000+ comments a month, providing access to the nation’s savviest and inquisitive investors.
Our site is the only free, online source for over 5,000 public companies’ quarterly earnings call transcripts, including the S&P 500. The company was named the Most Informative Website by Kiplinger’s Magazine and has received Forbes’ ‘Best of the Web’ Award.
On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for Senior DevOps Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Further down you’ll find the specifics of the job. The following traits describe the characteristics we look for in all positions.
- Hard working. Delivering great experiences requires time and painstaking dedication. There are no shortcuts. Be ready to crush it every day.
- Precise. It is easy to fudge things. We look for people who love being given concrete definitions of success, and utilize their talents and work ethic to exceed them.
- Flexible. We ask questions more than we assert answers, and we are always open to criticism and changing our views in the face of evidence.
- Lean. We pride ourselves in getting stuff done efficiently. When we ask, “How can I solve this challenge,” the first answer is never, “Hire someone.”
- Team player. We look for people who are intellectually stimulating, bring a positive attitude to work, and are fun to be around.
- Experience in software development
- Sharp Linux sysadmin skills, including but not limited to: bash, sed, python, systemd, curl, jq, git, ssh, etc.
- Experience with central monitoring and alerting tools, e.g. New Relic Infrastructure, Elastic stack
- Experience with server provisioning and configuration management, e.g. Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with managing production system in AWS cloud: IAM, EC2, RDS, ASG
- Self-learning: Ability to teach yourself new skills via the Internet. Ability to “figure it out!”
- Strong communication skills: Ability to share your knowledge with others and to discuss issues encountered during problem-solving
- Service mentality, results-driven approach
What's in it for you
- Experience in full stack web development
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum, working in a team
- Open source software community participation
- DBA skills with traditional RDBMS and with document stores (storage, replication, CAP Theorem, etc.)
- Knowledge of specific technologies we use: Ruby, Rails, Puppet
- Experience with Docker and container managers, e.g. ECS
- Formal education in the fields of Software Engineering or Computer Science