Senior DevOps Engineer for Thomas Cook (Kyiv)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Senior DevOps Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer who is passionate about using container scheduling, AWS Native services and Docker to deliver a world class cloud based continuous integration and deployment environment (CI/CD) for Thomas Cook Money. We expect the Engineer in DevOps has understanding of cloud and architecture for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the cloud services that modern company requires, focusing on automation, decoupling, self-service and containerisation.
Our projects tech stack is:
- React-Native, Redux
- NodeJS, Serverless
- Webpack, Babel, Jest
- Deliver and own key contributions to projects
- Work on principal/strategic projects (multiple projects simultaneously)
- Ensure capability to work across multiple technologies and multiple delivery methods
- Installing, configuring and maintaining continuous integration (CI), automation and configuration management tools
- Work in collaboration with Development and Operations team to design and create fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and process for multiple projects
- Work closely with customer Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT Services teams
- Develop scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using CI/CD tools
- Implement and develop solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments
- Implement monitoring and reporting solutions across a range of environments and platforms
- Evaluate and advise on cloud and containerization solutions
- Create environment provisioning solutions using AWS CloudFormation, Docker, Terraform or similar
- Ensure the delivery of customer requirements within a dynamic environment
- Evidence of delivering complex technical change in a large organisation
- Strong industry wide expertise in a relevant technical discipline – demonstrable experience of industry trends, supplier strategies and best practice designs
- Experience with High availability and Disaster recovery in AWS
- Understanding GDPR and PCI DSS compliance
- Strong AWS Networking experience – VPC, VPN, Peering, Security – AWS certified security professional would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD principles and implementation patterns
- Good understanding of CI/CD configuration in AWS using CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CloudFormation
- Good knowledge of containerisation: Docker, Kubernetes and ECS/ECR
- Deep knowledge of AWS services: CloudFront, Lambda, API-Gateway, S3, ECS, RDS, IAM, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, SQS, SNS, SES
- Good understanding of security principles while working with AWS resources
- Experience writing custom lambda functions (python/nodejs) is desirable
- Python, nodejs and/or bash scripting experience
- Experience working with package managers: npm, rvm, mix etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative nature and ability to work within a team
- Good personal organisation skills, ability to prioritise
What's in it for you
- Work in dynamic, fast changing environment
- Challenging, large-scale project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentationApply via site