Toradex is a global company strongly focused on engineering & technology. We’re powered by a diverse & uniquely gifted workforce. We pursue the best people to propel our innovative vision of embedded computing. If you’re interested in being a driving force at an agile technology company, engineering clever computing solutions & helping other companies bring their products to life, we should talk.
Devices across numerous industries - medical, transportation, robotics & many more - are powered by Toradex SoMs. We provide effective & robust embedded computing solutions and strive for the best development experience in the industry with a focus on intelligent hardware design, innovative software solutions & free comprehensive support. Our relationship with our customers ensures that we all succeed, and it allows us to participate in the realization of incredible new products.
Toradex provides strong integration of hardware, software, and services. The company offers off-the-shelf products to a broad and global customer base in order to allow the fragmented embedded market to benefit from economies of scale.
Toradex's main products are Arm® processor-based SoMs which are combined with optimized operating systems. Toradex partners with companies like NXP, The Qt Company, and others and are at the edge of technology.
On behalf of Toradex, Ciklum is looking for Senior Embedded Linux Software Development Engineer (OpenEmbedded) to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
As a Senior Embedded Linux Software Development Engineer (OpenEmbedded) you are part of the R&D team, help building our future Linux BSP offering Torizon for our SoMs (System on Modules). TorizonCore is our custom OpenEmbedded built Linux distribution with containers as its core building block. Secure updates and containers built using Debian are key design elements of the Torizon platform.
- Develop and maintain TorizonCore using OpenEmbedded distribution and BSP layers
- Validate continuous integration, interface with DevOps team
- Maintain Uptane compliant update system using OSTree
- Design, validate and document application development process using containers
- Report shortcomings and possible improvements related to products, software offerings, documentation, processes, etc. to allow continuous improvements
- Report project and task status within the development team and towards management
- Experience using OpenEmbedded to build custom distributions
- Familiarity with containers and development work flow with Docker or containers in general
- Experience using Linux on embedded Systems
- Familiarity with U-Boot and Linux boot flow
- Experience with OSTree and aktualizr
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading/writing/speaking/presentations
- Willingness to learn new/unknown technologies and share knowledge through concise documentation
What's in it for you
- Working in a dynamic global successful company.
- Contribute to various open-source projects.
- Work on the latest HW technology with early access to major SoC vendor.
- Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings.
- Experience the full life-cycle from bring-up, stabilization to maintenance first hand.
- Work on challenging cutting edge SW projects like containerization and secure over-the-air update.
- Enjoy your freedom guided by agile processes.
- Count on a diverse team of experienced HW and SW engineers.
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- State-of-the-art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.