Ciklum is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our team full-time in Poland.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Engineering Manager, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
- Team Organisation & Development
- Build a one-team collaborative culture aligned with our business purpose and strategy
- Lead Capacity Planning, Recruitment and Succession Planning
- Manage Onboarding, upskilling and Training plans
- Shape and facilitate the working of engineering communities to ensure optimal consistency across our agile teams, to facilitate knowledge sharing and where possible re-use across multiple agile teams
- Organize Career management responsibilities within your team. This includes coaching, career development planning, promotions, objective setting and performance reviews
- Career manage senior team members yourself and coach them in this role
- Keep team members up to date and connected to overall team status and progress, vision and mission
- Delivery Management
- Manage team members assignment into agile delivery teams optimally aligned to priorities and backlogs
- Support the delivery teams, resolve any impediment beyond their organizational area of influence. Track and manage Risks/Assumptions/Issues/Dependencies
- Ensure high level release delivery plans for upcoming product releases are created and agreed with Product Management and Engineering
- Manage Product releases and related release deliverables
- Organize the S&M function for released product versions
- Reporting and Stakeholder management
- Report into the CTO on delivery status including Risks, Issues, Dependencies
- Reporting to internal stakeholders on Engineering progress and status
- Liaising with other parts of the organization, co-operating on business priorities and opportunities
- A Master or PhD in ICT, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant field
- 3+ Years Experience in managing and coaching a software development team
- Experience of end to end software product development in a commercial environment
- Experience of elaborating business requirements and working with technical teams to see them through to being delivered
- Familiarity with or interest in software technologies and tools used by our Product Engineering group. These include Typescript, React, Java EE, Kafka, Spark/Scala, Python, Containerisation tools (Docker, Kubernetes), Cloud Services (Azure/AWS), Application Servers (e.g. JBoss/Wildfly), Databases/SQL (PostGres, Oracle), RestAPI/GraphQL, CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps), Source code mgt tools (Github, Git/Bitbucket), Test Tools (Selenium/JMeter)
- Knowledge of all the ins and outs of agile software development. Clear understanding and experience of Agile/Lean principles and development methods (e.g. Scrum / DSDM / XP / Kanban)
- Great 360° communication skills so you can connect easily with team members, other managers, product managers and consultants. Able to brief up to Executive level with ease
- The ability to lead by example, as well as being a born coach with the skills to steer a team
- Eagerness to dive into technical details when required
- Willingness to travel
- Financial Services business or technology experience
- Understanding of technical architecture approaches and how they are used in enterprise technology solutions
- Agile tooling (Jira etc)
- Experience and knowledge of the benefits and pitfalls of working in virtual teams spread over multiple locations.
- Hands on experience with building or delivering software products: programming experience or consultancy/delivery experience
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, life insurance and Multisport card
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our office in Gdansk or Wroclaw. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just dont miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Join a well-established company and a strong team of professionals. Seize the perks of global opportunities, local approach and start-up spirit.
Boost your skills with modern stacks and industry-leading clients!
Enjoy what you do, do what you enjoy!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.