EDC is the oldest and largest estate chain in Denmark. The Group was established in 1971 and today more than 1500 employees contribute to maintaining that position. They cover today housing market for both private and business customers as well as a solid and growing holiday house rental business. The position open is for the team covering holiday houses, both the website for customers as well as a back-office solution for agencies.
The market shares of the Group on selling property is 22%. For the 7th year in a row the most visited website in Denmark in this market and this no. 1 position we want to maintain.
EDC aims to be "best-in-class" using new technological tools for their employees and customers. Not always first movers, but focus on those creating most value and loyalty.
On behalf of EDC, Ciklum is looking for Senior Front End Developer to join our Gdansk team on a full-time basis.
We are seeking to hire a highly motivated Software Engineer able to lead a continuous focus on digital solutions in order for the EDC Group to be a digital no. 1 in the market. The right candidate is always on top of best practices and trends in frontend development. It is important that you have an eye for design and user experience, and that you can see when the details of a solution are working/not working.
EDC has a broad portfolio of internal and external systems, mostly based on Microsoft technologies. We have a long-term strategy to consolidate and re-new ourselves. This includes working with new technologies and following market trends. It’s a journey we expect the candidate to actively participate in and contribute to. The candidate will work closely together with our Frontend Lead on a day to day basis.
Client’s website: https://www.edc.dk/
EDC is the oldest and largest estate chain in Denmark. The Group was established in 1971 and today more than 1500 employees contribute to maintaining that position. They cover todays housing market for both private and business customers as well as a solid and growing holiday house rental business.
The market shares of the Group on selling property is 22%. For the 7th year in a row the most visited website in Denmark in this market and an intention of staying in the no. 1 position.
EDC aims to be “best-in-class” using new technological tools for their employees and customers. Not always first movers, but focus on those creating most value and loyalty.
- Being part of a dedicated team with responsibility of:
To understand team vision and work hard to become a good and valuable team player of a cross-functional team with end-to-end responsibility for end results.
- To be pro-active, participate in decision-making process, influence technology stack, take ownership of the end result.
- Commercial experience with React.JS is a must. Any additional experience with similar frameworks such as Vue.js or Angular is a plus.
- Experience with Styled components.
- Working experience on Webpack.
- Comfortable using Git.
- Experience with TypeScript and/or Flow.
- Unit testing knowledge in Jest/Jasmine/Karma or similar.
- General understanding of to consume API’s such as REST or GraphQL.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions.
- Cross-platform usability across smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Experience dealing with cross-browser compatibility requirements.
- Understanding of mobile development best practices (responsive design, graceful degradation etc);
The ideal candidate has these personal competences as part of his/her DNA:
- Analytical skills.
- Strong responsibility of own tasks as well as the tasks in the team.
- Natural interest in technological trends.
- Willingness to change and continuous improvement of own skills.
- Ability to challenge and ask questions constructively.
- Readiness to take initiative, be responsible and act as a mentor for colleagues.
- Strong communication skills (English written and oral).
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client.
- Professional skills development and training programs.
- EDC offers a unique opportunity to become part of a team developing first-in-class solutions to business and end-users; more than 4 million potential customers judge the user experience when meeting the largest estate agency chain in Denmark online and your contribution will affect the ratings immediately.
- Short-term business trips to Denmark when business requires.
- Competitive salary.
- A deluxe, modern office in the center of Gdansk.
- Ergonomic and user-friendly equipment (laptops, standing desks and Sitag® chairs).
- Private medical healthcare, fully covered by Ciklum, with a possibility to take your family under it.
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN.
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year.
- International travel insurance.
- Multisport card, 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package.
- Parking space, 50% covered by Ciklum.