On behalf of Motorway, Ciklum is looking for Senior Front End Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Motorway is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. Our mission is to bring the car industry into the future through ground-breaking products and best in class technology. Founded in 2017 we are growing rapidly and power thousands of vehicle transactions every month.
Our key products are:
- The first comparison website for selling your car (motorway.co.uk), enabling sellers to compare multiple real time offers from car buying companies and sell their car in 24 hours. This is a high scale web application with 350,000 users per month.
- An online marketplace for used cars (pro.motorway.co.uk) where professional dealers can search, view and bid on vehicles for sale. This is a brand new product with an aggressive roadmap to develop into a full B2B SaaS tool.
- The technical platform that manages vehicle, seller and buyer data and powers our user-facing web apps. The platform deals with large volumes of data and interfaces with dozens of third party APIs and services.
This is a varied role, where you’ll work on everything from architecting new features to performance optimisation and on apps designed for consumers through to expert users.
- Developing front-end technology, launching new features and optimising performance
- Developing customer-facing code and UI with a focus on usability, performance and progressive enhancement
- Working with our internal APIs to provide read and write data to our backend services
- Working closely with design and product teams to create work that has excellent UX and production values
- Working in our flat-structured development team, and getting involved in the technical and product strategy of the business
- Championing and implementing software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable and secure
You’ll perform this role across all our products including:
- Our customer-facing seller website at motorway.co.uk (an isomorphic React app) and our B2B product (pro.motorway.co.uk) as well as internal tools
- Our internal app, Dashboard, where the Motorway team access customer and vehicle data and report on performance
- Our collection of microservices (node.js with Express and Sequelize) that power our user-facing applications through RESTful APIs
- A degree or college-level education in computer science, technology, or another web or design-related subject
- Experience working with version control (we use Git and GitHub), automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience of agile software development practices and working collaboratively in a team environment
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to open source projects
What's in it for you
- A competitive salary and equity package
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Discounted Calm membership
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup
- The chance to work with the latest and greatest web technologies, free from legacy systems and red tape
- Fast career progression and the ability to develop your skills and experience quickly
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry
- Regular social events
- A generous options package