JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for Senior Front End Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
We don’t divide responsibility for the development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times.
Our product development teams are growing because we have a huge number of ideas of how to improve the experience customers and restaurants have. As an Engineer, you will need to play a key role in turning those ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
- Will become a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more technical areas of your team. You’ll be someone the rest of the team and your Technology Manager can turn to for engineering advice and guidance
- Collaborate with other product development teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvements
- Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code – with the practical application of established patterns and practices
- Strong HTML5 and CSS skills with solid experience of CSS processing tools such as Sass, Less or PostCSS
- Experience with at least one MVC framework – Vue (preferred), React, Angular
- Building CSS in a modular way – should know the value of naming schemes and have knowledge of various CSS methodologies and approaches
- Should be comfortable using tools such as Grunt, Gulp and Webpack
- Targeting multiple device types and experience of responsive web design
- Have a passion and eye for good web design
- Awareness of accessibility issues and how to address them in UI development
- Working within an e-commerce business where reliability is critical
- Understanding of performance optimizations
- Understanding of REST API
- Applying problem-solving skills to troubleshoot technical issues
- Applying a TDD and SOLID approach to coding
- Experience with refactoring techniques, anti-patterns and code smells
- Experience building PWA (Progressive Web Apps)
- Experience with Vue.js components
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day to day:
- Take responsibility
- Be transparent
- Continuously improve
- Take pride and be proactive
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and team mates.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English.
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation