On behalf of our Client, Ciklum is looking for Senior Front End Web Developer, Tech Lead to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Together we build the future of last mile delivery and grocery shopping. Backed by a major Swiss Venture Fund, Project successfully launched in the region of Bern and we are now growing our company at high speed. Join us in becoming the category king in Switzerland and help us giving our customers what they really want: More time for the beautiful things in life.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Web Developer responsible for bringing our mobile-app based supermarket in the next level, by adding new features and refining the UX we have built so far. You are motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Apart from your excellent programming skills, you possess the ability to think from customer-oriented perspective, to build features as efficiently and smart as possible, and have hive expectations of yourself to build customer-friendly, intuitive, and beautiful software.
We would also like you to be the Tech Lead of our growing team of Front End developers. It includes to motivate, guide, and develop your teammates.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to backend
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Manage your yet-to-be-built team of talented frontend developers
- 5+ years of experience in building frontend solutions
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience in building mobile applications with React Native is a big plus
- Some fullstack experience with PHP/mySQL backends is a plus
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of tools like GitHub and Jira
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- The motivation to be open to learn another language like NodeJS in the future is a plus
- Good written and verbal English is a must
- Reliable, organized, communicative, customer-oriented;
- Passion for startups;
- Intrinsic high-quality standard and motivation to constantly learn and improve
What's in it for you
- Be a key player in the most ambitious Swiss online food story
- Highly motivated, dynamic and international team
- We do not expect a 9-to-5 working routine? results count;
- We cultivate a respectful atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable to speak up freely;
- We achieve extraordinary outcomes that exceed the expectations of our clients and make our customers happy;
- Awesome team challenger events and a lot of fun;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
- No bulls**t, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment