Senior Front End Web Developer/Tech Lead for Stryber (Kyiv)
We are Stryber - a leading company builder, located in Munich (Germany) and Zurich (Switzerland).
We build web/ mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to become leading solutions in their market.
Simple click-dummies, rapid MVPs or sophisticated deep-tech SaaS solutions, we have a variety of start-up projects ahead of us in industries like FinTech, PropTech, Health, Food/Beverage or MarTech.
On behalf of Stryber, Ciklum is looking for Senior Front End Web Developer, Tech Lead to join Kiev team on full-time basis.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Web Developer responsible for building new digital ventures from scratch and/or adding new features to one of our existing platforms. You are motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Apart from your excellent programming skills, you possess the ability to think from a customer-oriented perspective, to build features as efficiently and smart as possible, and have hive expectations of yourself to build customer-friendly, intuitive, and beautiful software.
We would also like you to be the Tech Lead of our growing team of frontend developers. It includes to motivate, guide, and develop your teammates.
- Develop new user facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to backend
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Manage your yettobebuilt team of talented frontend developers
- 5+ years of experience in building frontend solutions
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- AngularJS, ReactJS, or KnockoutJS
- Some fullstack experience with PHP/mySQL backends is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Decent experience with bootstrap templates and WordPress for rapid prototyping and fast MVP creations
- Proficient understanding of tools like GitHub and Jira
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience in building mobile applications with React Native is a plus
- The motivation to be open to learn another language like NodeJS in the future is a plus
- Good written and verbal English is a must
- Reliable, organized, communicative, customer-oriented;
- Passion for startups;
- Intrinsic high-quality standard and motivation to constantly learn and improve
What's in it for you
- Work on really cool startup projects, they might include the next unicorn :);
- We do not expect a 9-to-5 working routine; results count;
- We cultivate a respectful atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable to speak up freely;
- We achieve extraordinary outcomes that exceed the expectations of our clients and make our customer happy;
- Awesome team challenger events and a lot of fun;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.