PowToon is the world’s leading, most user-friendly and most intuitive animation software with over 16 million PowToon users worldwide. With PowToon, anyone – even if you don’t know a pixel from a proxy server – can create engaging, animated videos with a professional look and feel.
20,000 new PowToon user signups every single day and over 45 million Powtoons have been created and shared around the world!
On behalf of Powtoon, Ciklum is looking for Senior Front End Web Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Powtoon is EXCITING!
We’re a 6-year-old profitable startup with an amazing product!
With over 18 million users and counting, Powtoon is used by virtually all Fortune 500 companies, business professionals, educators, students and individuals worldwide.
Powtoon enables anyone to create AWESOME animated videos using a state-of-the-art web-based animation studio, using a large library of animated assets, all built according to the latest animation standards.
We have an HTML5-based animation studio, an in-house developed player running the coolest HTML5 rendering technology, a react-native mobile application and collaborations with leading market players.
Our next challenge is to create a platform which uses the studio as a heart, enabling plugins, extensions and integrations to empower it. This is an architectural challenge and taking part in this is a rare opportunity.
Powtoon uses the leading development processes. We work fast, in short sprints, using continuous integration pipelines. We strive to keep up with the latest technological advancements, and aim for continuous deployment.
Who are we looking for?
An awesome and talented Web Developer who will take part in the continuous development of our HTML5 studio, improve the Powtoon website and web applications, expand our platform through integrations with external partners, help introduce new technologies, and improve our code-base. And, of course, have lots of fun in the process!
- Participate in meetings with product for understanding requirements
- Participate in meetings with R&D for brainstorming high level technical solution
- Writing technical design docs
- Plan and estimate your tasks
- Work closely with JIRA for creating, updating and managing your tasks
- Handle GIT workflows (creating branches, merging etc)
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Implement features with emphesys on styling
- Perform developer tests before handing off to review
- Perform code reviews and fix review comments or bugs
- 4+ years experience in web development (HTML5, JS, CSS3)
- At least 2 years experience using React/Redux – must
- Eagerness to work with the newest technologies such as Webpack4 and React16
- Advanced familiarity with Git – Big advantage
- Good eye for graphic design
- Loves taking the browser to the extreme
- Advanced knowledge of Chrome devTools
- Good understanding and utilization of technical design principles
- Self‐motivated and self-driven team player
- Independent and responsible
- Eagerness to learn continuously
- Good spoken and written English
- Good understanding of REST API’s
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and CI (Docker)
- Experience with Lerna (Monorepo)
- Experience using test frameworks (Jest, TestCafe, Puppeteer)
What's in it for you
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, initiate and promote technical solutions
- Open atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Business trips to Israel
- Fun days, happy hours and various corporate events
- Flexible work schedule