Billy delivers the best cloud-based SaaS accounting software in Denmark, with a user base of 18.000+ active users. The vision is to make it dead easy for small business owners to do their own accounting. We believe that we stand apart from our competitors by having cool technology combined with crisp user interface design and we take big pride in that. We have seen a massive growth in the ten years Billy has existed, which is why we are now looking for a new member to join our team. We have lots of exciting work ahead of us!
We are a well-established company, but we still take pride in our startup spirit, fast decision-making, low-bureaucracy, lightweight processes, quality of code and hitting deadlines.
Billy is built as a microservice-oriented architecture. The back-end exposes a single REST API (which is the same API our main webapp is using). Most of the services run Node.js and PHP. Our main webapp (https://mit.billy.dk when you are logged in) is currently an Ember.js application, but we are in the process of moving this to ReactJS and ultimately deprecate Ember. The app is fairly large as there is a lot of functionality to cover in an accounting app, so developing new features, maintaining and migrating to ReactJS poses a lot of interesting challenges and requires clever and solid long-term solutions. UX and design is a first-class citizen, which we do not compromise with.
We currently have unit-test and integration tests for some parts of the codebase and are working on extending the coverage. We don’t have UI automated tests, but we would like to. Our current QA process is fairly ad-hoc, so we want someone to help us improve that too.
Visit our main webpage (In Danish): https://www.billy.dk/
On behalf of Billy, Ciklum is looking for a Full Stack Developer, to join the Gdansk team on a full-time basis.
Our main webapp (https://mit.billy.dk when you are logged in) is currently an EmberJS application, but we are in the process of moving this to ReactJS and ultimately remove Ember. The app is fairly large as there is a lot of functionality to cover in an accounting app, so developing new features, maintaining, and migrating to React.js poses a lot of interesting challenges and requires clever and solid long-term solutions. UX and design is a first-class citizen, which we do not compromise with.
- Be proactive and suggest changes and improvements to the system
- Review code and provide mentorship of other developers
- Share knowledge with other colleagues
- Apply quality standards and team working procedures
- Support existing and write new technical documentation
- Good knowledge of web development in general. We look for employees with broad experience, not just one platform
- Developing REST APIs, preferably (but not necessarily) in a microservice architecture
- ReactJS or similar frontend framework
- Distributed systems, for example, microservices, pub/sub-architectures, etc.
- Event-driven development, for example through Google Cloud PubSub, Kafka, event sourcing, etc.
- DevOps – AWS, kubernetes, docker, linkerd etc.
- You will be working with colleagues in Copenhagen so to succeed in this role you will need the ability to communicate and cooperate with teams across functions and cultures;
- Good English skills
- Good communication skills
- Good match with Danish work culture
- Ability to say “no” to bad ideas, even if they come from a manager
- Ability to work independently
- A person who can take a lot of responsibility and who is hungry, eager to learn and ambitious. We’re looking for a team players
What's in it for you
- Challenging job where you will get the opportunity to make a difference. The environment is professionally motivating and offers great chances for personal development as well, while your initiative and good ideas are very welcome
- We cherish creativity and innovation, and we invest in training and development of employees
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office at Tryton Business House with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Onboarding trip to Copenhagen to get along the company and people who create it
- Competitive salary
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Ciklum with a possibility to cover family members
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year
- Multisport card 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package
- Parking space 50% covered by Ciklum