Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. We employ 150+ people across its operations in New York, Israel and India.
The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. Each month our crowdsource investment analysis draws an audience of 5.2MM+ monthly visitors to our real-time alerts products on email and mobile.
We handpick articles from the world’s top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters, publishing 500 unique article and news updates daily. The company gives a voice to over 5.5MM registered users, including 12,000+ contributors and individuals averaging 130,000+ comments a month, providing access to the nation’s savviest and inquisitive investors.
Our site is the only free, online source for over 5,000 public companies’ quarterly earnings call transcripts, including the S&P 500. The company was named the Most Informative Website by Kiplinger’s Magazine and has received Forbes’ ‘Best of the Web’ Award.
On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for Senior Full Stack Developer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
- Participate in design and planning discussions, contribute architecture ideas
- Develop and test new user-facing features
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and performance
- Collaborate with other team members
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in OOP and MVC design and development patterns. Good understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- 3+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails or Python or PHP framework
- Ready to learn and start developing in Ruby
- Solid understanding of language syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean and readable code
- Experience with SQL database technologies (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Comfortable with source version control software (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of server-side architecture best practices, good understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking
- Experience with Less/Sass, responsive frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation Framework etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch, CouchBase, Redis, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile principles, open-source ecosystem
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Familiarity with Angular/React/Vue or similar frontend frameworks
- Proficiency in ES6 and newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Having Github portfolio or link to open source work
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions