We are a proud subsidiary of Vitol, the world’s biggest independent oil trader with 40 offices worldwide. For the last half-century, Vitol has served the world’s energy markets efficiently and responsibly, now trading over seven million barrels of crude oil a day, and delivering energy products on a global scale.
Leveraging this credibility, considerable expertise and infrastructure in the world of oil, VavaCars is making a move into the used car marketplace.
Merging the tech and auto worlds we are building the first of its kind start-up offering in the world.
To deliver this vision, we have already brought on board some of the best in their field from around the world and now we are on the hunt to find the brightest and the best to scale and grow our teams.
On behalf of VavaCars company, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to play an important role in building a new C2B2B online used car marketplace (VavaCars) that leverages our extensive network of petrol stations and worldwide respected brand of our parent company, Vitol. As a technology-first start-up we ‘Dive Deep’ across all our customer and business KPIs. We believe in detail and thus, use our data to optimize our processes, drive action and deliver results.
You will be a strong advocate for great engineering practices and enjoy teaching these to your peers. You are pragmatic when balancing best practices against delivery, all the time managing technical debt effectively. You want to deliver value quickly and fail fast. Learning new skills comes naturally. Details matter.
The role would suit someone who is passionate about coding to high standards and enjoys implementing great software solutions for our business requirements and issues found.
- Define and roll out any changes required to development processes, tools and coding standards
- Own new product features, from breaking down requirements to planning tasks for you and your team, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly;
- Take on the development of most complex/critical features as well as the investigation and resolution of high priority bugs
- Liaise with our solution architect to discuss and agree the most suitable technologies, frameworks, etc. to support our existing requirements and future roadmap
- Final authority from our development team on approving code for release
- Lead code reviews and mentor a team of experienced and passionate development engineers
- Expert in front-end development with Angular 7+, CSS frameworks, mocha/jest
- Experience in .NET Core, EF Core, ASP.NET Core, SignalR Frameworks
- Hands-on experience on Microsoft Azure cloud
- Comfortable using Azure DevOps Software Lifecycle Management tools
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Azure Monitor, Azure Application Insights
- Experience on Azure Database offerings: SQL, MySQL, Cosmos and Redis cache
- Experience with other Azure offerings: Active Directory, Availability Test, Resource Manager
- Experience with other Microsoft services like: Office 365, Dynamics 365
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Experience on building real-time, high load, mission critical web services is a must
- Experience on building real-time auctions is highly desirable
- A skilled problem solver, able to understand highly complex problems and deliver elegantly simple solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – be a team player
- Fast learner, highly self-motivated, autodidact and well organized
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool office with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions