Dennis is one of the UK’s top magazine and online publishers and one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers across the world. As the 6th largest consumer magazine publisher, Dennis has transformed its business from its traditional print publishing roots to a true multi-platform, award-winning media company, with a group turnover of over £130m.
The company has launched and owned some of the world’s biggest global magazine and online brands – including Alphr, Den of Geek, The Week and Buyacar. Today, Dennis is one of the most dynamic media companies in the UK. The company’s portfolio of over 30 brands operates in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle, reaching over 50million unique users and selling over 2.5million magazines every month.
As a Full Stack Developer you will be responsible for the ongoing innovation of Dennis’ online platform and portfolio. You will work closely with multiple teams to implement and iterate over our entire development stack, using the latest technologies and tooling to provide solutions and drive innovation. As a company we embrace the philosophies of modern development in everything we do. Additionally, we pride ourselves on supporting our teams, allowing them the time to learn, experiment and grow. Each year the team attends multiple development conferences giving back to both the community and to their colleagues. We value candidates who are highly collaborative, adaptable and passionate with the aim to deliver varied projects to the highest quality. Join us, live the dream!
- Writing clean semantic code using practice and modern standards
- Day to day you’ll be creating and contributing to open source modules as we move forward with our Drupal platform.
- Work alongside the team, to code, suggest, and iterate on our development stack. The ability to implementing API driven component based architecture will be key.
- Optimising the performance of our applications is a continuous task. Ensure that our core philosophies of simplicity, speed, accessibility and progressive enhancement are part of our day-to-day considerations.
- Communicate with multiple teams to offer development solutions that push out tech and our business forward. We love open source and consider it important to allow our developers the time to research, learn and contribute back to the community.
(React, Preact, Vue, Riot)
- In-depth experience FE task runners and tooling.
(NPM, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Babel)
- Experience working with Node.js server side development.
- Experience using BDD/TDD testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of full stack performance optimization.
- Progressive enhancement methodologies.
- SASS, CSS, HTML5 and other web fundamentals.
- Excellent coding standards.
- Drupal 7 module development and architecture experience.
- Version control workflows and procedures.
- Experience as part of an Agile team working with Scrum/Kanban.
- Working with high traffic sites in large scale organisations.
- Ability to work independently showing clear decision making skills.
- A passion open source development.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining high development standards.
- Collaborative and adaptable.
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- A challenging function, with a lot of responsibility in a unique dynamic environment;
- Work with new technologies using best development practices
- Work with skilled and professional team
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Competitive salary