On behalf of the JustKiss, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer (Rails) to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Remember how good it felt the first time you fell in love? Imagine you could help thousands of singles relive that experience every day, as they’re searching for the right partner to share their life with. We’re looking for a talented engineer to join us on our mission to help all singles find someone they’ll love. You’ll join our skilled engineering team, that together with the rest of our company, will make the best dating service ever.
Finding the right one to share your life with should be fun and meaningful. We believe by surfacing more meaningful connections between our users, we can help singles find not just anyone, but the right one. We’re one of the pioneers of online dating in Denmark and we’re growing steadily across the Nordics and UK.
Our team is currently based in Copenhagen, Kiev and Berlin and we’re hands-on with everything from research, product design, content and marketing, customer success and engineering.
Why join us?
- We’re in it for love: We want to enable all singles to find the special one to share their life with. From launching a new feature, defining an algorithm or doing a refactoring, you will have an enormous effect on a lot of people
- We’re here to stay: We’re one of the pioneers of online dating in Denmark and experiencing rapid growth in Europe. We’re profitable and growing
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: We’re a small team, constantly improving, finding simple and effective solutions to hard problems
- Work with an exciting tech-stack: We use Rails, Elasticsearch, Redis, Redshift, React Native, Kubernetes, CodeClimate, ES6, AWS Rekognition etc
You’ll be part of the engineering team that works closely together with our product team to bring new features to our platform and streamline existing. You will work mostly on our Rails monolith that is core to our business. A few examples of things we’ve been working on recently to give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Researching and building a proof-of-concept for using Hotwire in our native apps
- Designing data structure and implementing an API endpoint allowing our native apps to perform deterministic feature flagging controlled by our server-side code
- Creating a Stimulus controller to replace a legacy jQuery extension that automatically does a countdown in seconds in a span
- Researching and planning upgrading to the latest Rails version
- Writing a spec that tests for unimplemented routes
- Fixing a bug where pagination was not applied to a collection in certain conditions
- Implementing HTML and CSS (in Haml and Sass) for a new UI to present the user’s active subscriptions on their membership page
- You have years of professional experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML/CSS – we use Haml and SASS
- Relational databases – we use MySQL on AWS RDS
- Integration and unit testing – we use Rspec, Percy
- You have some experience with:
- CI/CD – we use SemaphoreCI and CodeClimate
- You’re a problem solver, motivated by crafting simple and effective solutions
- You keep things simple and fend of complexity
- You care about the business implications of what you do. You don’t strive just after building something new and shiny – you understand the balance between craft, agility and bottom line
- You’re excellent at communicating your ideas and beliefs – and understanding others’. You’re pragmatic and love to collaborate
What's in it for you
- An exciting position where your skills make a difference every day
- A heartwarming and inspiring workspace with special importance to well-being and work/life-balance
- Freedom and room to expand your skill set
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Lots of fun!