Zoomdata allows users to explore and gain insights from a wide variety of data sources, visualizing large datasets from various sources, relational and non-SQL. We turn data into knowledge, and we do it with an evolving, real-time perspective.
Zoomdata is an innovative company, based in Washington, D.C. focused on creating data analysis and data exploration BI web application platform. The company builds a data visualization platform that provides a simple, intuitive, and collaborative way to visually interact with data to solve business problems.
Zoomdata is funded by Marlin Equity Partners (“Marlin”), a global private equity firm with over $6.7 billion of capital under management.
On behalf of Zoomdata, a Logi Analytics Company, Ciklum is looking for Functional QA Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
- Functional (manual) testing of Server side and API functionality;
- Testing new and existing functionality developed by an Agile team responsible for Zoomdata custom and internal connectors;
- Identify, log, and communicate software defects through JIRA, Confluence, and other tools;
- Develop, collaborate on, and execute Agile test cases, scenarios, and manual integration testing tasks to release high quality software on a monthly basis;
- Proactively assist developers to find and solve development and production software issues through effective collaboration;
- Work with company stakeholders including DevOps, Support, Solutions to communicate and collaborate on fixing application defects;
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies and provide valuable input in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Retrospectives, and Sprint Reviews;
- Be an active member of QA community of practice and collaborate with other quality engineers and QA director to improve testing, tools, practices and processes.
- Experience with testing web based applications, microservices (3+ years);
- Experience with testing REST APIs (Postman, Curl);
- Hands-on experience of SQL queries;
- Basic experience with Linux/MacOS console (bash commands);
- Familiarity with web debugging tools (Chrome dev. tools, Fiddler etc);
- Hands-on experience working in an Agile team development environment;
- Experience with Atlassian suite products such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence;
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent job experience.
- Experience with different databases (ElasticSearch, Impala, HDFS, Mongo etc) is a plus;
- Some experience in big data technologies is a plus;
- Experience with Java based testing frameworks (TestNG, Selenide) is a plus;
- Experience with IDEs (Intellij IDEA, Eclipse) is a plus;
- Basic Git commands knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with Jenkins CI tool is a plus.
- Good written and verbal English and the ability to communicate with English speaking counterparts on a daily basis;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to collaborate with local and US-based developers, testers, product owners, scrum masters, directors, and executives;
- Ability to self-organize and self-direct in a matrixed organization with frequently changing priorities;
- Ability to test software from end user’s point of view and think “big”;
- Passion for quality assurance methodologies and end-user applications testing;
- Attention to detail and ability to design creative exploratory test scenarios;
- Strong worth ethic and emotional intelligence including being on time for meetings;
- Ability to work in fast-changing environment and embrace change while still following a greater plan.
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary;
- Young, motivated and Agile team with supportive management in Kyiv and the US;
- Interesting and meaningful work without menial tasks;
- Ability to make a difference on testing approaches and methodologies;
- Career coaching and external training opportunities;
- Tight communications with US peers;
- Exposure to working with top talent in Kyiv;
- Ability to learn Automation from top Automation experts;
- Catered lunch twice a week.