RETO MOTO (www.reto.dk) is a game studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Established in 2008 by the original founders of IO Interactive and the creators of the Hitman series. RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all-passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
Heroes & Generals (www.heroesandgenerals.com) is the ultimate WW2 game experience. A free-to-play FPS at a massive scale where Germany, the United States and the Soviet Union fight for victory in one grand, persistent online war fought by players across the world with access to a huge arsenal of vehicles and weapons. You fight and make friends as a team and as part of a huge and growing community. No matter if you play as Infantry, Tank Crew, Fighter Pilot, Paratrooper, Recon or as a General taking strategic decisions – everything you do makes a difference in the war.
On behalf of RETO MOTO, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Game Systems Programmer with a versatile skill set to join our team in Minsk and help develop our back-end systems and Engine.
We are looking for someone with initiative, strong C++ skills and the ability to quickly learn and work with many different types of code.
You will work with systems in all areas of the code base including the technology underpinning all the game’s assets, their dependencies and how they are organized as well as helping the artists’ work better and faster. You will be working in close connection with the rest of the development team and you should be able to perform well with people of different skills and backgrounds.
You have experience in developing and evaluating the architecture of existing technologies and you have the ability to acquaint yourself with a custom in-house engine in an effective and methodical manner. You should be proactive and prepared to take accountability for the development activities assigned. We expect you to be able to analyze, predict and optimize the performance of the systems you work with.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
- Develop and evaluate architecture of existing technology
- Extending existing systems to meet future needs of ongoing development
- Perform work in various areas of the technology as needed
- Design and implement systems to meet gameplay design needs
- Help optimize content creator workflows
- Performance analysis and optimization work
- 5+ years’ overall development experience
- 5+ years C/C++ programming
- Experience contributing to the core architecture on modern engines
- Experience dealing with multiple iterations of a game engine
- Ability to write stable and extensible code
- Having experience working with and expanding on existing code
- Performance optimization skills
- Upper-Intermediate English skills (written and spoken)
- Тools: Visual Studio, Experience with source control systems (Perforce) and Bug Tracking systems
- Experience building client/server architecture is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar background
- Game industry experience is a plus
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Ability to perform well in a group of people with different skills and backgrounds
- Self-motivated, but able to receive constructive feedback and integrate into work
- Comfortable solving problems outside of primary areas of expertise
- Ability to take on research and self-education
What's in it for you
- Possibility for business trips in relation to projects activities
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client