On behalf of Via / Fleetonomy , Ciklum is looking for Senior Java Back-End Developer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Via pioneers the TransitTech category by using new technologies to power public mobility systems, optimizing networks of dynamic shuttles, buses, wheelchair accessible vehicles, school buses, and autonomous vehicles around the globe. Building the world’s most efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation network for all riders. At the intersection of transportation and technology, Via is a visionary market leader that combines software innovation with sophisticated service design and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves, with 150 global partners on six continents, and counting.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our R&D center . The position will be part of an Engineering team responsible for Via’s production quality, highly scalable backend microservices and robust infrastructure to deliver Via’s ride sharing service globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via’s dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides on a mass scale.
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools
- Design and implement POCs (proof of concept) and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more
- You have 5+ years of backend programming experience
- You have solid algorithms and data structures knowledge
- You have a solid background in some of the programming languages: Java/Python/ C++
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS, GCP or other platforms)
- You are familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
- You are not afraid of multitasking or switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks (such as Java, Python, C++ etc.)
- You are a fast learner – you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
- You are a flexible team player with great communication skills
- You are pragmatic – when you hear about a difficult problem you are able to simplify it so that you can easily solve it
- You are concise – you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way
- You are proficient in English
What's in it for you
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Continuous self-improvement