Senior Java Developer
Ciklum is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the team on a full-time in Pakistan.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Java Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Ciklum Client.
About the client:
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. +85,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
About the Project:
Do you want to build scalable applications with modern cloud technologies? Do you believe value is best created in cross-functional teams with direct user access?
Innovating and designing new products as well as tweaking and maturing existing ones, you will cooperate with data scientists, DevOps engineers, ML engineers, frontend developers, data engineers, business experts and other specialists to create the digital products of tomorrow.
Join a team focused on our most valuable digital products
You will join the Digital Enterprise Transformation team. The purpose of our team is to build advanced end-to-end products that create direct business value for DSV’s divisions, including:
- Customs declaration automation
- Vendor invoices automation
- Booking transparency
- Address validation
- ETA prediction
The use cases we solve tend to have a high degree of complexity, requiring non-deterministic problem solving (i.e., the use of ML/AI), near real-time data processing, a need for high availability, vertical and horizontal scalability, and an extremely high volume of transactions.
However, fancy technologies and accurate ML models do not solve the issues at hand alone. We strive to combine our competencies to build holistic solutions where the underlying complexity is hidden for the user to create simple and value-adding experiences. We do this with close, ongoing dialogue with our end-users – that is one of the benefits of having the users internally in the organization!
Our new unit is characterized by having a startup mindset, and it is divided into cross-functional product teams with a mix of career starters and highly experienced colleagues. We strive to base our work on knowledge and insight rather than hierarchical structures, and we make sure that our decisions are based on conversations between people with different competencies rather than one individual.
Build high-quality software with fault tolerance and scalability.
As our next Senior Java Developer, you will use the right tools in the toolbox to solve the issues at hand. You will engage in solution architecture discussions as well as building, testing, and deploying the software using our standard CI/CD pipelines.
- Building micro services for processing data, reading/writing to the database, exposing data to other applications, and more
- Using the architectural patterns that are relevant for a specific context such as event-based data streaming, request-response web services, file transport jobs, and more
- Making sure that relevant logs are created, are understandable, are shared with our central logging platform, and that the necessary alerts are setup
- Testing your software from a functional, quality, fault-tolerance, performance, and scalability perspective
- Building security features into the solution such as federated authentication and authorization, role-based access control, and similar
- Engaging in a “guild” for backend developers to share knowledge, technical patterns and ways of working across product teams
- And much more…
Using the right technology for the use case
You thrive in an environment where you can use modern cloud-based technologies that are fit-for-purpose, and you enjoy staying up to date with the latest technologies. You have a broad experience with many of the technologies in the list below, but we do not expect you to have experience with all of these:
- Backend applications: Mostly coded in Java, Scala (and some C#)
- Event streaming: Confluent Kafka (KStreams etc.)
- Database technologies: Mostly MongoDB Atlas (and some PostgreSQL, MySql)
- Version control: Git
- CI/CD Pipelines: Jenkins, Argo, AzureDevOps
- Requirements: Jira
- Documentation: Confluence
- Authentication: OIDC, OAuth2, SAML
- Containerization: Docker
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes
- Logging, monitoring & Alerting: ELK stack
Working with us, you will get to know these systems as well:
- ML Frameworks: TensorFlow / PyTorch
- ML model serving: TensorFlow serving, Torch serving
- ML model development: Mostly coded in Python
- ML Ops Platform: Kubeflow, MLFlow, SeldonCore, KNative, KServe
- Load balancing: NGINX, Cloud LBs
- Installation scripts: Ansible, Terraform
- Test framework: Jest, Junit, Jmeter
- Identity & Access Management broker: Redhat SSO
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Benefits: We offer extremely competitive benefits & perks that includes but not limited to comprehensive medical coverage, life-insurance, gym membership, fuel, internet and mobile allowances and provident fund
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy license, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Join our friendly team and seize the perks of global opportunities, a dynamic environment and well-known customers.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.