Ciklum is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Java Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
About the Project:
Trendyol, owned by Alibaba Group, is the largest e-commerce platform in Turkey, headquartered in Istanbul.
Trendyol operates in the Trendyol group structure with Dolap, the largest second-hand platform in the country, Trendyol Express is a delivery network, and Trendyol Tech is an R&D center focused on digital transformation.
The company works by extending the range of products and services offered in line with its growth. More than 300 million products per year are delivered to customers in numerous categories such as fashion, electronics, home and furniture, mother-child, and cosmetics. Trendyol describes itself as a technology company. Priority is given to projects and campaigns of SMEs that are focused on digital transformation.
The Trendyol platform was approved as an R&D center in 2019 by the Ministry of Industry and Technology. Trendyol Tech focuses on native language processing, real-time data analysis, machine learning, and deep learning, image processing, data visualization, text simulation, and Big Data.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Security patterns, Reverse engineering resistance, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java (more than 3 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot Framework) (more than 2 years)
- Testing frameworks (e.g.e.g. JUnit, PowerMock, WiresMock) (more than 2 years)
- ORM (e.g. Hibernate) (more than 2 years)
- RDBMS (e.g MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle) (more than 2 years)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS, Azure Service Bus, Google Pub/Sub)
- Web Servers
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms, microservices solutions
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Certifications on:
- Spring Frameworks
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Serverless architecture
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Experience with Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations.
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications.
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally.
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up.
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential.
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients.
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.