Ciklum is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Java Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
About the Project:
Ciklum is building the collaborative sportswear design and creation platform for TOP-5 multinational company of the sportswear market. Scalable solution that will be used by famous worldwide sportswear designers to create and bring to market new sports fashion collections. Part of the larger Product Lifecycle Management ecosystem the platform delivered within the current project will become a market differentiator and key comparative advantage for multi-billion business. Project will use proven and edge technologies and concepts, such as SAFe, Behaviour-Driven Development, DevOps, Event-Driven architecture.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 8 years
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Security patterns, Reverse engineering resistance, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows;
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java (more than 5 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Microservices, Event-Driven design
- REST API development
- Cloud computing platform (AWS more than 1 year)
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot Framework)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, PowerMock, WiresMock, Serenity BDD)
- ORM (e.g. Hibernate)
- RDBMS (e.g PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Messaging systems (Apache Kafka)
- Orchestration and containerisation (Kubernetes)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Certifications on:
- Spring Frameworks
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Monitoring & Logging tools (e.g. ELK, AWS CloudWatch)
- Service Discovery & Configuration tools
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management solutions
- Super strong ownership of the delivery success
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Ciklum has been recognised as a veteran-friendly business by the Veteran Hub in Ukraine.
We're committed to creating a welcoming environment for veterans and developing processes that meet their needs. We value the skills and unique perspectives military veterans can bring to our business and are willing to support their transition to civilian life.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.