Ciklum is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team full-time in Poland.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel,vsportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Java Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
About the Project:
You’ll be a part of an innovative digital banking product. The bank is pioneering new horizons for customers with a core mission to create a more financially literate society that can succeed in a thriving economy. This will be achieved by introducing smart financial solutions.
We will accelerate digitization and help to reach a cashless society. Providing financial solutions across industry value chains, we aim to support the growth of all sectors of the economy. By facilitating banking access to segments traditionally considered high-risk, we aim to promote financial inclusion. Using continuous Data Analysis in our AI Engine and our PFM solution, we will help our customers better spend and save money.
- Languages: Go, Java (micronaut), Swift, Kotlin, Python
- Tools: Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Vault, Consul, istio, private cloud, concourse-CI, EFK, Prometheus, Grafana, Firebase
- Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, Pair-Programming
- Back-end development to meet end customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- Using high coding standards, software best practices and writing highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Code testing practices
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Deployment strategies
- Understanding of network interactions:
- protocols ( TCP, UDP, HTTP, gRPC )
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC, GraphQL )
- Good knowledge and experience in Java (more than 5 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot Framework, Micronaut) (more than 2 years)
- RDBMS (e.g MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) (more than 3 years)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, Test Containers) (more than 2 years)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ)
- ORM (e.g. Hibernate) (more than 2 years)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached, Hazecast)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Containerisation ( e.g. Docker, Kubernetes )
- Web Servers(e.g. Tomcat, Jetty)
- Profiling, troubleshooting, and debugging applications
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Upper Intermediate English
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Certifications on:
- Spring Framework
- Cloud providers
- Delivery processes (SAFe, Agile, etc)
- Experience with Leading and Supporting medium to large size solution delivery projects
- Serverless architecture
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, life insurance and Multisport card
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy license, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office in Gdansk or Wroclaw. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Join a well-established company and a strong team of professionals. Seize the perks of global opportunities, local approach and start-up spirit.
Boost your skills with modern stacks and industry-leading clients!
Enjoy what you do, do what you enjoy!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.