Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, we are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Ciklum is building a team to work on various projects which primary goal to improve and automate the customer’s business processes, reduce time and effort required for various operations.
Our client is a leading supplier of toll road software and architecture starting a new product for managing toll roads from scratch. The solution includes mobile application, back office and tolling services estimator. Also, a lot of integration with financial tools, tolling agencies, and payment methods are crucial for product success.
Ciklum team is going to play a leading role for the whole program management leading and coordinating efforts of several teams and vendors. Our entire team is going to concentrate its effort on integration with tolling agencies and enhancing real-time tolling service.
- Build the system BackEnd part to meet customer’s business needs.
- Develop and implement server side components according to the existing event driven architectural approaches.
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution.
- Implement and test modification requests.
- Handle complex problems that may arise during solution implementation and field support providing creative and rapid solutions.
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years.
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD);
- Database theory;
- Code testing practices;
- Architectural & Enterprise Patterns;
- Design patterns;
- Security patterns, computer security and networking vulnerability.
- Understanding of network interactions and protocols, conventions (REST), authentication and authorization standards and practices (e.g. oAuth).
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java 8 /11 (more than 3 years).
- Practical experience with:
- REST API development;
- Spring Boot Framework;
- Testing frameworks;
- RDBMS (especially PostgreSQL);
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached);
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Apache Kafka);
- Version control systems (GIT);
- Cloud solutions (AWS);
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo);
- Builders (Composer).
- Experience with:
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms, microservices solutions;
- Agile software processes and technologies;
- Code Review process;
- Refactoring process;
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging Java applications.
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English.
- Understanding of orchestration and virtualization (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm).
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns.
- Experience with:
- NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB);
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible);
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube, Blackfire).
- Positive attitude and proactive communication.
- Strong self-motivation, reliable and flexible team-player. High attention to details.
- Always seeking to improve processes and suggest better solutions.
- Working with new skill sets and continuously improve hard and soft skills.
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities.
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services.
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment.
- Professional skills development and training programs.
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities.
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
Client video presentation