Senior Java Performance Engineer for Ciklum Solutions (Kyiv)
We are a growing business line of Ciklum with currently 250 employees that delivers approximately 70 projects simultaneously. Our projects usually last for 3-12 months and our technological focus is mainly on web and mobile technologies. So, you’ll have the opportunity to get frequently in touch with new projects. Through direct knowledge exchange with international clients you are an important contributor in making them successful.
Our environment gives you the opportunity to share your professionalism to help team members grow and we support you with training and education in the areas where you want to develop.
On behalf of Ciklum Solutions JS Team, we are looking for a Senior Java Performance Engineer to join our team on full-time basis.
Our client is a legendary company, which was at the origin of the telecom in several countries on several continents. It is the global leader that provides its solutions to telecom operators and both private companies and governments of several countries.
Our Ciklum development team is a part of big international team that develops Number Portability Suite. This Suite already helps millions of users in dozens of countries to reduce costs of communication and simplify work with both mobile and landline phone services. The customer is interested in gradual upgrading of existing Suite using modern technologies and providing interface aligned with modern trends in User Experience.
eTOM contains the most complete description of the Suite core functionality:
The Manage Number Portability process is responsible for receiving, managing and tracking number portability requests issued by customer orders or a third CSP. The number portability process allows the execution of different types of portability such as Port In, Port Out, Port Over and Retirement from Number Portability. Responsibilities of these processes include, but are not limited to:
- – Issuing and reception of number portability requests
- – Modifying number portability request status
- – Validating number portability requests
- – Modifying or canceling open number portability requests
- – Undertaking necessary tracking of the execution process
- – Adding additional information to number portability request
- – Reporting the completion status of number portability request
- – Receiving portability requests from a third CSP
- – Scheduling number portability request
- – Managing the communication flow with Number Portability
- – Implementing business rules
- – Implementing regulatory policies
- – Determining the number portability feasibility
- Technical leadership includes performance assurance, defining performance validations (including high-volume load and stress analysis), capacity planning, detailed hardware configuration planning, and customer assurance.
- Works closely with product development personnel to attain the highest level of system performance by identifying potential performance bottlenecks and mitigation strategies for improvement.
- Responsible for writing performance validation plan document prior to running performance tests, and performance test results document after running the tests and performing analysis.
- Detection performance issues, memory leaks, deadlocks and applying performance fixes in database layer application server.
- Experience with Java profiling, Java heap analysis
- Experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.x
- Experience in dealing with protocols such as SOAP, TCP/IP
- Experience in detecting memory leaks, deadlocks, hanging and looping processes, slow running processes, slow running database queries and biggest resource consumer
- Database experience: Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 11g/12c tuning and administration, optionally MySQL
- Expertise in simulating a load with multiple Web GUI users in addition to other background loads
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities;
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services;
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment;
- Professional skills development and training programs;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.