Senior Java Performance Engineer for Ciklum New Client (Dnipro)
We are a growing business line of Ciklum with currently 250 employees that delivers approximately 70 projects simultaneously. Our projects usually last for 3-12 months and our technological focus is mainly on web and mobile technologies. So, you’ll have the opportunity to get frequently in touch with new projects. Through direct knowledge exchange with international clients you are an important contributor in making them successful.
Our environment gives you the opportunity to share your professionalism to help team members grow and we support you with training and education in the areas where you want to develop.
On behalf of Ciklum Solutions Team, we are looking for a Senior Java Performance Engineer to join our Dnipro team on a full-time basis.
Our Client provides interconnection solutions, enabling communications service providers and enterprises to discover, route and interact with their customers. The Client also supplies telecom data infrastructure solutions that allow communications service providers to manage all their internal network equipment information as well as interconnections with other networks.
Ciklum is building a team to work on a product called ‘Number Portability Clearing House’ (NPCH). NPCH helps facilitate the process of moving cellphone users numbers/profiles between network carriers. Network Carriers connect to the application to facilitate the automatic validation processes for the number transfer and port. The application effectively acts as a highly secure ‘clearing house’ between network carriers. NPCH has 1 instance in each country in which it is deployed, and currently it is deployed in 15 countries. NPCH is the market leader in this space, operating in all continents apart from Australia.
- Technical leadership includes performance assurance, defining performance validations (including high-volume load and stress analysis), capacity planning, detailed hardware configuration planning, and customer assurance;
- Works closely with product development personnel to attain the highest level of system performance by identifying potential performance bottlenecks and mitigation strategies for improvement;
- Responsible for writing performance validation plan document prior to running performance tests, and performance test results document after running the tests and performing analysis;
- Detection performance issues, memory leaks, deadlocks and applying performance fixes in database layer application server.
- Experience with Java profiling, Java heap analysis;
- Experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.x;
- Experience in dealing with protocols such as SOAP, TCP/IP;
- Database experience: Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 11g/12c tuning and administration, optionally MySQL;
- Experience in detecting memory leaks, deadlocks, hanging and looping processes, slow running processes, slow running database queries and biggest resource consumer;
- Expertise in simulating a load with multiple Web GUI users in addition to other background loads.
- Expertise with tools such as Silk Performer, Linux tools/scripting, JBoss console, Oracle concepts and facilities such as Oracle SQL Developer, SQL development and Oracle tools (AWR reports etc.);
- Ability to assist in capacity planning and sizing customer’s production datacenter hardware;
- Experience in developing performance testing methodologies and automating performance tests;
- Operating System experience: Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ability to interact with customers and solution partners and work with developers in assisting them to discover the root cause of performance issues and their resolution.
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities;
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services;
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment;
- Professional skills development and training programs;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.