Zoomdata is a small and innovative company, based in Washington, D.C. focused on creating data analysis and data exploration BI web platform. The company builds a data visualization platform that provides a simple and intuitive way to analyze and visually interact with data to solve business problems.
We are Northern Virginia Technology Council's 2016 Hot Ticket award winner for Hottest Big Data Innovation. We hire brilliant engineers with creative minds, and the drive to make a positive impact by unlocking the secrets hidden in Big Data. With the right approach, we provide our engineers with the best tools and try to stay out of their way! We believe that when you give smart people the freedom to do smart things, you will get outstanding results.
Zoomdata is funded by Goldman Sachs and Accel Partners, investors behind Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian etc.
On behalf of Zoomdata, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As part of a small and motivated team, you will focus on building and extending Connector microservices for the various data stores ranging from conventional RDBMSes (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL, etc.) to nonSQL (e.g. SOLR, ElasticSearch, Mongo). Work in a friendly atmosphere with highly qualified professionals and people who care about team spirit and team results. Join Zoomdata’s extended team to build the product in the environment where Your innovation and ideas can make the difference.
- Work in a Scrum team of 4-6 highly talented engineers
- Deliver high-quality connectors, used for efficient data extraction from various data stores – relational, HDFS, search engines, column stores, document stores, flat files, etc.
- Designing, developing, testing, maintaining and improving solutions based on Hadoop ecosystem, Cloudera Impala, Cloudera Search, SOLR, Elasticsearch, Presto, Phoenix, Teradata, and others
- Working with other back-end teams on extending common APIs
- Dive deep into specifics of various data stores, to write optimal code for data processing, aggregation, and fetching
- Orientation towards product success and production-ready solutions
- Experience designing and building production systems that work with data at scale
- Strong server-side Java. Experience with Java 8 (Java 11 is a plus)
- Contribution to the Spring Boot-based microservices architecture
- Experience with a variety of distributed data store, including both SQL and NoSQL solutions. Good understanding of data fetch strategies and joins. Knowing all the nuts and bolts of relational databases and being able to write optimal analytical queries!
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Software development experience in a team environment using distributed source control, continuous integration, and code quality analysis tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Database and application performance troubleshooting and tuning
- Understanding of patterns and pitfalls of microservices architecture. Familiarity with service discovery, HA, distributed logging, configuration, tracing, etc.
- Experience working with Hadoop/Cluster architectures
- Experience working with search engines
- Experience working with streaming architectures
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation, proactivity, positive attitude and pride in workmanship
- Desire and ability to learn new technology quickly and work smart
What's in it for you
- Career advancement and leadership opportunities
- Tight English communications with US peers
- Motivated and distributed team of professionals
- Perfect office location and dedicated room. Lunches twice a week and regular team build activities.
- Medical insurance
- Impact on the product development that can change the landscape
- MacBook Pro Retina