Ciklum is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our team full-time in the United Kingdom.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
The post holder will operate as a legal in-house generalist, with primary focus on commercial / contracts and legal aspects of digital technology business.
The role will be responsible for the provision of legal support for Ciklum across its jurisdictions, primarily the UK, European Union, and US, but wider as required, (working with external lawyers as required). As part of the legal services team, the post holder will support both legal and business teams on a day to day basis.
- Structure, review and draft commercial agreements, including terms of agile digital projects, development and licensing of software solutions and products across multiple jurisdictions
- Support commercial negotiation for complex agreements, ensuring consistency with commercial guidelines and standard terms and conditions
- Design and implement internal contracting policies, standard terms of commercial contracts
- Provide first-line legal advice, analysis and support based on an understanding of commercial strategy and legal environment
- Advise on employment and contractor engagement matters, including IR35 applicability, IP matters, design and implement internal HR policies, new standard terms of employment and service contracts
- Ensure responsiveness and alignment with line manager and internal business clients
- Monitor legal risks and developments which may affect Ciklum, advising stakeholders of potential impacts and providing recommendations to mitigate and minimise future risk
- Provide solid advice and efficient management of complaints and disputes resolution
- Collaborate with other areas of the business including sales operations, finance, marketing and procurement
- Process contracts in internal contracting systems in close liaison with commercial and procurement departments ensuring all contracts are recorded and accurately reflect the agreed commercial terms
- Provide regular updates/reporting to legal and other stakeholders, (as necessary) regarding key legal issues and projects
- Advise and support other day-to-day business activity of Ciklum, including capital and loan financing for business
- Ensure regulatory compliance, advise of, and implement corporate governance and applicable regulatory framework, reporting and filings
- Law degree from a reputable university, with a minimum of 4 years PQE transactional experience as an in-house legal counsel or legal practitioner at a digital or information technology business, (provider or acquirer)
- Admitted to practice law in the UK and / or other aligned jurisdiction
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of technology and transaction services
- Broad commercial legal knowledge to include: Commercial, IP, Employment/contractors, Dispute Resolution and Corporate
- Demonstrable commercial experience and in-depth knowledge of supporting commercial negotiations
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbally and written
- Experienced working in a dynamic, fast paced, matrix structured, highly rewarding sales environment
- Entrepreneurial, high energy, resilient, tenacious, and experienced
- Ambitious, highly motivated and results driven but also collaborative in nature
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence both internally and with our clients
- Is a Leader, strategic thinker, confident who acts decisively utilising, initiative knowledge, and judgement
- Can work autonomously, without close supervision, and mature enough to take responsibility
- Ability to make informed decisions in ambiguous situations using incomplete information or with authority where differing opinions exist
- Acts as a team player with highly developed communication skills
What's in it for you
- At Ciklum you will build your career in a proven successful high growth company with unique service offering on the market
- You will challenge conventional ways of working
- You will be a part of a learning ecosystem with access to training and self-development opportunities
- You will join a culture with a strong social responsibility
- You will be part of a creative and dynamic team that works to the highest ethical standards
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.