Imagine Software Inc. is a software development and application service provider for the financial services industry.
Founded in 1993 by a handful of technical and financial experts drawn from some of the largest and most prestigious Wall Street financial institutions, Imagine Software now consists of hundreds of professionals on four continents, supporting the needs of thousands of users worldwide.
Imagine's reputation for delivering tangible competitive advantage is based upon proven innovation that enables users to stay abreast of the market. Imagine Software puts institutional-grade functionality, broad cross-asset instrument support, and the ability to employ any trading strategy in the hands of sell- and buy-side businesses of all sizes.
On behalf of Imagine Software, we are looking for a talented, well-rounded Senior Linux System Engineer. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience using multiple technologies and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. The role’s focus is on the architecture, deployment and ongoing support of Production and DR Datacenter infrastructures. Responsibilities include new deployments, enhancements, general day-to-day support of the environment and on-call rotation.
Our highly motivated and technical team is responsible for all infrastructure in multiple worldwide offices and data centers. The person who fills this position will have the ability to take on primary responsibility for one or more areas of expertise over time. This individual will be required to work with many different technologies, both those currently in use and new technologies that will be deployed.
- Day to day Management of all Production and DR datacenter infrastructure
- Incident response for all critical service interruptions that may require direct communication with third-party vendors
- Responsible for design, implementation and management of data center infrastructure that includes but is not limited to Linux and Windows OS, storage, network devices and virtualization technology
- Work with the Security team to implement security policies related to software and hardware to ensure IT environments adhere to industry standards and requirements
- Support developers and operations teams working with SDLC tools such as bitbucket(git), artifactory and TeamCity to deploy code to Production and DR environments
- Work within a DevOps environment and culture and related technologies to deliver and support new technologies and applications
- Lead initiatives that help innovate and improve the production environment
- 7+ years administering and deploying Linux operating systems
- Configuration Management tools (Ansible or similar)
- Experience in a DevOps model and related technologies
- Experience with managing Windows AD infrastructure
- Experience with routing and switching technologies in datacenter networks (cisco ios routers and switches)
- Experience with web applications (apache, tomcat, IIS, proxy servers, F5, load balancers, CA Siteminder/SSO and similar technologies)
- Experience with deployment and operations of VMWare VSphere/ESXi clusters
- Experience with enterprise grade storage SAN/NAS (EMC, Pure or similar)
- Strong working experience with Bash/Shell, Perl, Python scripting languages preferred
- Experience with centralized monitoring (OMD/Check_MK/Nagios or similar)
- Experience with enterprise firewall solution (CheckPoint or similar)
- Ability to be a self-starter/independent, but work well within a team structure
- Ability to interface with various teams throughout the organization and possibly with external clients to identify/resolve technical issues in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to write effective documentation of tasks and procedures
- Strong ability to troubleshoot various technical issues including but not limited to operating systems, applications, networking and hardware
- Experience with Docker and orchestration
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- Experience with LDAP platforms such as IPA
What's in it for you
- A challenging working environment, great responsibility and complete development cycles (with thorough code reviews and dedicated QA support)
- You will join a team of self-driven skilled engineers, where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded, where high standards translate into your professional growth and advancement
- You will be exposed to a wide-ranging technology stack and tasks completed
- In addition, Imagine offers a competitive salary, fully paid trips to New York City main office, and other rewards
Client video presentation