Ciklum is looking for a Senior Magento Software Engineer to join our team full-time in Poland.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Magento Software Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
About the Client:
Client is one of the world’s largest marketers of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care. Its brands are among the most recognized in the industry, meeting the needs of gardeners and growers, being market-leading in their categories.
They are performing a major overhaul to their e-commerce systems, from which they sell direct to consumers for their many brands. They have a variety of technologies today, and they are building a new standard that they are then implementing across the various sites. It is roughly 740th on the Forbes 1000 list (740th largest publicly traded company in the world), has many very well-known brands, and is thriving. Their e-commerce channels have grown tremendously due to COVID (increases in online shopping, increases in interest in home and yard projects).
Now the company is working on the development of a new direction in e-commerce. Gardening by subscription, which allows solving the problems of the client depending on his garden, type of soil, and geographic location. This is the development of many services such as the Internet of Things, mobile applications, websites, and cloud solutions.
- Web development – both front-end and back-end
- Magento platform customization
- Magento themes creation, customization
- Different CMS adaptations for client needs
- Platform support
- Debugging complex issues
- Unit tests development
- Conduct code reviews
We know that sometimes, you can’t tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
- 5+ years of PHP, MySQL, Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce) experience
- 3 years of working experience with Magento 2, deep understanding Magento 2 architecture and best practices
- Experience in REST/SOAP API integration Web services
- Good knowledge and understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Deep understanding of SOLID principles
- Good experience with VCS (git)
- Understanding of optimization methods for server infrastructure and application in high-load environment
- Experience in UNIX systems on a professional level
- Working experience with Docker, Orchestrators
- Work with a website or system that maintains a subscription model
- GCP / Kubernetes
- Cloud Functions (Python)
- Recurly product
- Working hours 8 hours daily M-F which must include 9AM-3PM ET in US
- English speaking
- Provide Production support including research on orders not processing correctly
- Follow the process of development to QA to production, following release protocols
- Communicate effectively with Product Owner, Technical Teams, Consumer Services and OTC/ Fulfillment team
- Be available and attend meetings as requested (standups, requirements review, etc)
- Communication is a key. You speak and write in English fluently or at least at an upper-intermediate level
- Following the “said and done” principle
- Accountability for the own scope of work
- Proactive in efforts to deliver results according to expectations
- Suggesting new ideas, and looking for alternative solutions
- Eager to learn and grow: curios, keen to constant self-development
- Constantly improving own mastership
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts and questions simply, concisely and in a structured way
- Capability to assess tasks of less experienced colleagues
- Skilled in constructive feedback providing
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, life insurance and Multisport card
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our office in Gdansk or Wroclaw. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Join a well-established company and a strong team of professionals. Seize the perks of global opportunities, local approach and start-up spirit.
Boost your skills with modern stacks and industry-leading clients!
Enjoy what you do, do what you enjoy!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.