Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Senior .NET Engineer for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Restaurant Background Services team is looking for a Senior Engineer to help out with the current project (next six-nine months) and then to fill in space in Restaurant Pillar.
The team is responsible for core components and orderflow, and its mission is platform simplification and removal of some legacy parts. Work involves – re-designing, refactoring, re-homing components and cross-team communication.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn Just Eat Takeaway microservices architecture, deployment, processes, communication channels etc. before joining other teams.
We enjoy easy-going work and flexible schedule here.
Tech stack: AWS, Microservices, Serverless, Windows Service, .Net, DynamoDB, SQL Server, CI/CD, Grafana, Kibana.
Every member of the Technology Team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
We don’t divide responsibility for development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times. Our product development teams are growing because we have a huge number of ideas of how to improve the experience customers and restaurants have. As an Engineer you will need to play a key role in turning those ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
If you are a Senior Engineer, we also expect that you:
- Will become a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more technical areas of your team. You’ll be someone the rest of the team and your Technology Manager can turn to for engineering advice and guidance
- Collaborate with other product development teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvements
- Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code – with practical application of established patterns and practices
- C#, ASP.NET – preferably using .NET Core
- Design and development of REST API architectures
- Development within event driven or Microservices Architecture
- Relational (such as SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL) and non-relational (such as DynamoDB, Redis) databases
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery cycle
- Experience supporting your software in production
- AWS and Cloud (desirable)
- History of successful remote collaboration
- Familiarity with range of Agile software delivery practices (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
- Understanding of distributed source control systems e.g. Git
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation