Senior .NET Software Engineer for Just Eat (Kyiv)
JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for a Senior .NET Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
- The availability, security, scalability of our ecommerce platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
We don’t divide responsibility for development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times.
The Engineer takes technical ownership of a subset of the team’s work, ensuring that changes are technically sound, scalable, secure, in line with the rest of the platform and of a high quality.
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager.
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams.
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
If you are a Senior Engineer, we also expect that you:
- Will become a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more technical areas of your team. You’ll be someone the rest of the team and your Technology Manager can turn to for engineering advice and guidance.
- Collaborate with other product development teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvements.
- Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code – with practical application of established patterns and practices.
- NET MVC
- API Development
- SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- Wherever in the world you work for us you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on our business and our customers.