On behalf of our new client, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Node JS Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
As a Senior Node.JS developer you will be part of our client’s new digital technology team involved in designing and building large scale node.js applications that scale to millions of customers here in the UK.
The business has scaled rapidly in the last few years and has recently received significant investment to become the market leader in the Superbike industry in the UK and to then expand into Europe and USA in the next few years.
- Designing and building large scale node.js applications for production environment
- Providing, through partnership with business and product owners, translation of high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions
- Providing technical excellence on team to ensure quality first mind-set, simple architecture and highest code quality
- Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Reviewing code and providing mentorship to other developers on agile team
- Ability to work under pressure with ‘can do’ attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- Distinct customer focus, quality mind-set and analytical skills combined with ability to develop creative solutions
- Experience designing and building large scale node.js applications with 100% code coverage
- Expert in writing and deploying large-scale node.js code bases with significant experience in building/maintaining continuous integration and deployment environments (e.g., Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
- js, npm, hapi.js, express.js, mongoDB, mocha/tape/WebDriver
- Strong background in test driven development, automated testing and other software engineering best practices
- Experience writing services oriented code (e.g. RESTful), API services
- Experience with one of back-end technologies (e.g. Java, PHP, etc.)
- Participation in open source development
- Experience using data stores /search engines (e.g., MongoDB, Apache SOLR)
- Expired using cloud based services such as Amazon on Azure
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently (or collaboratively with team) on solutions
- Positive approach for difficulties and imaginative problem solver
What's in it for you
Our client is a leading bike trading company in the United Kingdom that has shaped how consumers buy, sell and finance their motorbikes. Motorbike parts and accessories will soon be added to our clients product suite over the next few months.
This is a greenfield project, building new tech from the ground up and replacing the existing PHP tech with a clean Node/Cloud technology stack. Our client plans to accelerate on new technology innovations in the areas of next generation mobile and tablet user experience, ‘big data’ analytics driven personalization, advanced cloud computing and cutting edge proximity solutions.
Our client is going through a transition where they have hired a mature CTO who has already started adding an Agile methodology into the business. The current development team is small but the new CTO’s remit is to build a tech team that can deliver high quality products for the business that are both internal and external facing with a focus on using the latest open source technologies to innovate and bring together beautiful, cool products and personalized experiences to his customers
Working for our client, you will have the opportunity to solve some of the most difficult problems facing the industry while having a ton of fun. We have a casual office culture with a strong emphasis on innovation, education and empowerment. We expect our teams to do great things and encourage them to be bold, take risks and try new ideas.