eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing more than 12 million users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading, blockchain and machine-learning-based investment products. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is at the forefront of Fintech technology. Our Research and Development department develops cutting-edge technologies, focusing on field-relevant areas, such as blockchain and artificial intelligence. We offer competitive fees and an organizational culture which is both professional and fun.
On behalf of eToro, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Node.js Developer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
eToroX is the blockchain and crypto division of eToro, that was established in 2018. We are responsible for all the technological developments and business operations related to the most exciting domain that exists today in Fintec – the blockchain. We have already launched the crypto wallet, and just lately launched the long awaited Crypto Exchange. We are growing fast and have ambitious technological and business goals.
Are you ready to join the most exciting Fintech global company? eToro is a leading global social investment network, offering millions of users to trade and invest online in cryptocurrencies, securities and CFD whose underlying assets are currencies, commodities, indices and stocks in a simple, transparent and more enjoyable way. Today, we empower over 10 million users in more than 140 countries worldwide to manage their funds through our innovative online investment platforms and active trading community, with thousands of new accounts created every day.
eToroX Exchange is based on a microservice architecture running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and using Kubernetes (GKE) for automatic deployment, scaling, and management.
Trading can be done via GUI, REST API and Websocket with FIX API planned for the near future.
The main technologies used in the product are React for the Front End, Node.js for the Back End trading components, Ruby on Rails for Back Office, Google Managed SQL for persistence, Rabbit MQ, and Kafka for messaging and Vault for storing sensitive data.
We also make use of other modern technologies like Redis for caching, Envoy as a proxy, and Kafka Streams for scalable event-driven components.
We’re not shy to try new technologies if they fit the job!
- Take part in design and development of 24/7 high scale APIs and distributed system using Node.js, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Redis and more
- Own, monitor and improve our microservices services in production
- Write technical design documents and take part in design review meetings
- Face technical challenges – performance, fault-tolerance, security and live production issues
- Be involved throughout our services life cycle, influence every step of the way
- 4 years of experience in Back End development
- 3 years of experience in developing using Node.js
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with C#, JAVA or C++ – Big advantage
- Experience in distributed, highly available and high scale RESTful APIs
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with ‘can do’ attitude
- Experienced with Redis, RabbitMQ, NoSQL , SQL – Preferred
- Experienced with some blockchain technologies – Advantage
What's in it for you
- Working with the latest technologies
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Possibility to work in world-known and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation