Imagine Software Inc. is a software development and application service provider for the financial services industry.
Founded in 1993 by a handful of technical and financial experts drawn from some of the largest and most prestigious Wall Street financial institutions, Imagine Software now consists of hundreds of professionals on four continents, supporting the needs of thousands of users worldwide.
Imagine's reputation for delivering tangible competitive advantage is based upon proven innovation that enables users to stay abreast of the market. Imagine Software puts institutional-grade functionality, broad cross-asset instrument support, and the ability to employ any trading strategy in the hands of sell- and buy-side businesses of all sizes.
On Behalf of Imagine Software, Ciklum is looking for a Senior NodeJS Back End Engineer to join our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
- The role involves participating in the design and development of financial tools and services with a particular emphasis on data modeling, high performance, scalability, and sustainable architecture.
- Working together with our business analysts and financial markets practitioners, you’ll respond to their needs for solutions with the latest technologies at your disposal.
- Sharing your knowledge with your team-members and guiding junior colleagues in technical decisions, you help your team get a grasp on the complexities of the business.
- Computer Science fundamentals (Operating system concepts, Data structures and algorithms, Complexity analysis, etc.)
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system (Sybase, MongoDB, Message buses such as RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ, FIX, etc.)
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Node.js, and multi-process architecture
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Passionate about performance optimization and distributed systems, finds enjoyment in profiling code and figuring out which piece of the software can be scaled most effectively
- Experience evaluating multiple technical approaches and selecting the most effective
- Good understanding of RESTful service design, API design and best practices for building resilient and maintainable distributed systems
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Java SE/EE
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with MongoDB
- Great problem solving abilities
- A strong desire to learn and share new tools and techniques
- A commitment to quality and the drive to ensure goals are met
- A passion for writing software
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Attention to details
What's in it for you
- A challenging working environment, great responsibility and complete development cycles (with thorough code reviews and dedicated QA support).
- You’ll join a team of self-driven skilled engineers where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded, where high standards translate into your professional growth and advancement.
- In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, fully paid trips to New York City main office, and other rewards.
Client video presentation