Chief Technical Office is the most innovative unit of Ciklum, providing unique expertise and consultancy in Big Data &Analytics, Research and Development, as well as DevOps services. We create advanced solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients and accumulate world-class expertise, solving real-world problems that impact millions of people in areas such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, VR/AR and many others.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication.
Explorer increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing to people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience - develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
Ciklum DevOps team is looking for a Senior Database Administrator (NoSQL) for Metro team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Our client is in top-5 largest retailers in the world. We are honored to be a partner to build brand-new eCommerce Marketplace platform and make our client #1 digital eCommerce provider in Europe. We start from 20 mln visitors per month, 10 mln items in catalog in 1500+ product categories, 30 mln product content articles, high demand for search engine optimization and visibility, support of both B2B and B2C, web and mobile, dynamic best-price offering algorithms and so much more capabilities to offer the best user experience.
Our client has incredible expertise in physical sales, as well as successful eCommerce business in Germany. New commercial platform is part of strategic roadmap to bit global marketplace providers like Amazon/eBay and leverage strong world-wide branding, 20+ millions of existing offline clients, dedicated field-force sales in Europe and well-established logistics, delivery and client-support network.
The platform assumes to host 10+ high-load cloud-hosted product applications, managed end-to-end by dedicated teams (including Product Owner on client side /Germany/, and full cross-functional teams on Ciklum side /Kiev/).
We offer you an agile environment with startup mentality, no bureaucracy, flat hierarchies as well as courage and trust to evaluate new approaches. We value personal interaction so project presumes frequent client visits to Kiev, as well as business trips to Germany for Development team, not just managers.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role;
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views;
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner;
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data;
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses;
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users;
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards;
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator;
- Hands-on experience with database standards, performance optimization and end user applications;
- Experience with configuration of high-availability DB using NoSQL – MongoDB OR DynamoDB OR Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Experience with data backup, recovery, security and integrity;
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding;
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools;
- Familiarity with programming languages API;
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions