On behalf of our Сlient, Ciklum is looking for Senior PHP Backend Developer, and Software Architect/Tech Lead to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Together we build the future of last mile delivery and grocery shopping. Backed by a major Swiss Venture Fund, Project successfully launched in the region of Bern and we are now growing our company at high speed. Join us in becoming the category king in Switzerland and help us giving our customers what they really want: More time for the beautiful things in life.
We are looking for a Senior PHP Backend Developer responsible for bringing our mobile-app based supermarket in the next level, by adding new features, scaling our existing backend, and re-architecting critical components into micro-services. Your primary focus will be the development of all server side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the frontend. You will also be responsible for integrating the frontend elements built by your coworkers into the application.
Therefore, a basic understanding of frontend technologies is necessary as well.
Apart from your excellent programming skills, you possess the ability to think from a customer-oriented perspective, to build features as efficiently and smart as possible, and have high expectations of yourself to build customer-friendly, fast, and reliable software.
We would also like you to be the Tech Lead of our growing team of Back End developers. It includes to motivate, guide, and develop your teammates.
- Self-responsibly architecting the next version of our backend around interesting, non-trivial business requirements to help our company scale from MVP to mass market
- Support data scientists and big data engineers in setting up multiple machine learning algorithms
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable PHP code
- Building backend solutions that can be connected with multiple external APIs and handle data efficiently (e.g. asynchronous processes, caching, error handling, batch processing, secure transmissions)
- Integration of user facing elements developed by frontend developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Actively help to improve code quality, application speed and scalability architecture and automatization
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- 5+ years experience with building sophisticated PHP web and backend solutions
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as Laravel and Symfony)
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Strong test-driven mindset to ensure high software quality
CSS3, and mobile apps is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Familiarity with concepts of OOP, MVC, Mocking, ORM, continuous integration, micro services, and RESTful
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of tools like GitHub and Jira
- Experience with popular APIs, like Mailchimp or Stripe, is a plus
- Good written and verbal English is a must
- Reliable, organized, communicative, customer-oriented;
- Passion for startups;
- Intrinsic high-quality standard and motivation to constantly learn and improve
What's in it for you
- Be a key player in the most ambitious Swiss online food story
- Highly motivated, dynamic and international team
- We do not expect a 9-to-5 working routine? results count;
- We cultivate a respectful atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable to speak up freely;
- We achieve extraordinary outcomes that exceed the expectations of our clients and make our customers happy;
- Awesome team challenger events and a lot of fun;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
- No bulls**t, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment