We are a growing business line of Ciklum with currently 250 employees that delivers approximately 70 projects simultaneously. Our projects usually last for 3-12 months and our technological focus is mainly on web and mobile technologies. So, you’ll have the opportunity to get frequently in touch with new projects. Through direct knowledge exchange with international clients you are an important contributor in making them successful.
Our environment gives you the opportunity to share your professionalism to help team members grow and we support you with training and education in the areas where you want to develop.
Ciklum Application Development and Services Solutions Team is looking for Senior PHP Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Our client is in top-5 largest retailers in the world. We are honored to be a partner to build brand-new eCommerce Marketplace platform and make our client #1 digital eCommerce provider in Europe. We start from 20 mln visitors per month, 10 mln items in catalog in 1500+ product categories, 30 mln product content articles, high demand for search engine optimization and visibility, support of both B2B and B2C, web and mobile, dynamic best-price offering algorithms and so much more capabilities to offer the best user experience.
Our client has incredible expertise in physical sales, as well as successful eCommerce business in Germany. New commercial platform is part of strategic roadmap to bit global marketplace providers like Amazon/eBay and leverage strong world-wide branding, 20+ millions of existing offline clients, dedicated field-force sales in Europe and well-established logistics, delivery and client-support network.
The platform assumes to host 10+ high-load cloud-hosted product applications, managed end-to-end by dedicated teams (including Product Owner on client side /Germany/, and full cross-functional teams on Ciklum side /Kiev/).
We offer you an agile environment with startup mentality, no bureaucracy, flat hierarchies as well as courage and trust to evaluate new approaches. We value personal interaction so project presumes frequent client visits to Kiev, as well as business trips to Germany for Development team, not just managers.
As a Senior Software Engineer Backend you proactively develop the marketplace platform and internal services. You regularly collaborate with colleagues of all disciplines in cross-functional teams and together you create great digital products. You use modern technologies and agile methodologies in order to reach your goals. Because of your experience and knowledge, you strive for continuous self-improvement in terms of methodology, quality, knowledge as well as support for your teammates and colleagues.
- Back-end development of new functionality
- Code and Architectural review
- Transform requirements to a set of various types of tests
- Communicate with PMs, developers, architects, QA engineers and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Delivering the product roadmap and planning for the future
- Handle complex problems that might arise during solution development and provide field support with creative and rapid solutions
- Ensure that the highest coding standards are met and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Excellent knowledge in computer science, database theory, code testing practices
- Understanding of network interactions and protocols, conventions (REST)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in PHP 7
- Troubleshooting and debugging PHP applications
- Practical experience with:
- Development of REST APIs;
- Web frameworks (Symfony);
- Testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit, Behat);
- ORM (Doctrine);
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch), RDBMS (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB/Percona);
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached);
- Web Servers (e.g. NGINX, Apache);
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, Capistrano);
- Version control systems (e.g. GIT)
- Understanding of orchestration and virtualization (Docker)
- Experience with Cloud solutions (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Knowledge of message broker systems (e.g. Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Ability to relate positively to and engage with a wide range of people
- Strong self-motivation, reliable and flexible team-player. High attention to details
- Always seeking to improve processes and suggest alternative better solutions
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities;
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new solutions and services
- Possibility to propose solutions on a project
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Learn different business domains
- Constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Projects from scratch
- Continuous self-improvement
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits