Ciklum is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior PHP Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the eToro.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Experience Group is responsible for the users’ acquisition and retention experience. This includes the end-to-end onboarding journey: registration, affiliation, referral tracking, funnel personalization; and then engaging the users to become active platform users via the tailored homepage, social feeds, markets, portfolios, popular investors discovery, proactive targeted communication, and much more…
We are working with the most cutting-edge technologies, building new and exciting microservices-based distributed cloud systems.
We value independent, curious, and sharp people with knowledge in cloud, software engineering, and high-scale architecture – and most of all – we are looking for awesome people to work with.
About the Project:
eToro is the world’s leading social trading and investing network, providing millions of users from around the world with a one-stop-shop solution. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading and machine-learning-powered investment products while promoting culture and core values of Openness, Quality, Enjoyable, Inventive, and Simplicity.
- Leading the design and implementation of a 24/7 high scale distributed system
- Proactively participating in every aspect of the software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on specifications, designs, implementation, test, optimization, and delivery
- Owning, monitoring, and improving our services in a production environment, performing on-call duties
- Owning and leading collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including Product, IT, and R&D teams
- Becoming a technical leader; researching and promoting new technologies and tools
- Facing technical challenges – performance, fault-tolerance, security, and live production issue
- Writing unit tests, integration tests, and CI/CD procedures
- Being part of an amazing group of people
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Security patterns, Reverse engineering resistance, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in PHP (more than 4 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- Web application frameworks (Symfony) (more than 3 years)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit, Codeception, Behat, Dusk) (more than 2 years)
- ORM (e.g. Doctrine, Eloquent) (more than 2 years)
- RDBMS (MS SQL) (more than 2 years)
- Key-value storages (Redis)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS, Azure Service Bus, Google Pub/Sub)
- Web Servers (e.g. NGINX, Apache)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms, microservices solutions
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Certifications on:
- Symfony Framework
- Zend PHP
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
- Readiness to learn and work with .NET
- Practical commercial experience with:
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure)
- Experience developing .Net Core applications
- Experience with Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
- experience with tracing tools (OpenTracing)
Technical stack of the project:
- PHP Symfony
- .NET Core
- MS SQL Server
- Kubernetes (AKS)
- Fast learner
- An eye for detail, strong logic, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with a ‘can-do’ attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- A persistent focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive approach to difficulties, and imaginative problem solver
- Good spoken and written English
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.