Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Senior PHP Engineer for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
You will be responsible for developing well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high-quality software solutions and platforms, in line with business needs and strategy and in accordance with the project plan, specifications, and IT standards. Owning the quality of the respective deliverables.
Build IT solutions and platforms to ensure customer satisfaction and/ or contribute to the profitability of JustEatTakeaway.com.
- Design, code and test technical solutions independently, according to predetermined specifications
- Understand the wider technological landscape and how changes will have an impact.
- Ensure failures are minimised
- Help with developing specifications
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend standard/simple solutions
- Work independently and coach less experienced colleagues
- Understand stakeholder needs, anticipate stakeholder needs and present potential solutions
- Strong knowledge in OOP, SOLID principles, experience in applying them – is a MUST
- Experience with development production-ready solutions
- 1+ years of experience with PHP 5.6
- 3+ years experience with PHP 7, strong knowledge in language-specific features
- 3+ years experience with MySQL
- 1+ year experience with MVC framework Laravel
- 1+ Experience with REST API development
- Experience in writing tests using (PHPUnit/Codeception)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with caching systems (Redis/Memcache)
- Comfortable with Linux/Mac environment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kafka
- Understanding of application security and industry standards and best practices
- Ability to work independently and being able to resolve complex issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation