Ciklum is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Python Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Ciklum Client.
- Python 3.9, their code is running inside a container over a Linux environment
- API Development, HTTP, REST
- Databases, SQL
- Networking, Storage
- Virtualisation, Containerisation, Docker
- Design, build and set up development tools and infrastructure for use by the various teams in the R&D organisation
- Among the different tools:
- Test infrastructure used by the QA (the product is a cluster composed of different components and infrastructure encapsulates them, tracking their state, exposing different APIs to communicate with them, etc.)
- Maintain and develop API and interfaces facing the company storage product + different cloud providers
- VM orchestration
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the productivity of the entire R&D organisation
- Deal with diverse technologies and domains: Docker, Git, Python, Linux, and VM orchestration
- 7+ years of Python development experience
- 2+ years of experience working on Linux platform, proficient in Linux environment
- Proven experience in server-side Python programming, featuring: multi-threading, multi-processing, communication protocols, and databases.
- OOP, SOLID
- Architectural & Design Patterns
- Algorithms & Data structures
- Strong technical abilities, problem-solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Experience developing network, storage, server, or virtualisation management systems
- Experience with Storage and Network Protocols
- Automated Testing experience
- Proven experience with CICD
- Web application frameworks 4+ years (e.g. Flask, Falcon, AIOHTTP, Tornado)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. pyTest)
- ORMs 2+ years (e.g. SQLAlchemy)
- RDBMS 4+ years (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Highly motivated and independent
- Strong problem solver and out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to lead feature development, take full ownership of tasks from A-Z and deliver independently with minimum supervision
- Strong communication abilities
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just dont miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Ciklum has been recognised as a veteran-friendly business by the Veteran Hub in Ukraine.
We’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for veterans and developing processes that meet their needs. We value the skills and unique perspectives military veterans can bring to our business and are willing to support their transition to civilian life.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.