Ciklum is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Python Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the VAST Data.
Headquartered in New York City, VAST Data is simplifying the data center and redefining how organizations interact with data with its Universal Storage concept. They are looking for innovative, talented and hard-working people to join their fast-growing team.
You will work in an environment where collaborating on ideas, questioning assumptions and rethinking the nature of the problem is as fundamental as the air they breathe. Where you thrive on finding new ways to move forward. Where you are challenged to reject incremental gains in favor of finding bold paths that can altogether change the nature of computing. Imagine the vast difference this would make.
Their team thrives in an informal and collaborative environment where team members are encouraged to grow beyond the confines of their job description or role.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years
- Strong Linux knowledge (more than 3 years)
- Excellent knowledge in Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Python (more than 5 years):
- Strong Multiprocessing, Threading and AIO knowledge
- Low-level network knowing (e.g. socket, TCP / UDP)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Flask, Falcon, Django, aiohttp) (more than 3 year)
- PyTest frameworks (more than 3 years)
- RDBMS (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, MS SQL) (more than 2 year)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS)
- GIT Version control system
- Cloud computing platforms AWS or GoogleCloud Platform
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins)
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Certifications on:
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS, GoogleCloud Platform)
- Ability to lead feature development, take full ownership of tasks from A-Z and deliver independently with minimum supervision
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
- Practical commercial experience with:
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Experience with Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube, Radon)
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.