Ciklum is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our team full-time in Bulgaria.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
Our recently opened delivery hub in Sofia brings exciting global opportunities for Bulgarian tech talents.
About the role:
As a Senior Python Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
Our client is a sports betting company, who would like to manage their content with a “Plug and Play” approach. Project team consists of 200+ engineers working on different streams and areas of the CMS. The goal of the project is to integrate existing applications with CMS. Project uses the latest stable technologies like Java, React and others.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Taking part in the decision-making process in design application architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 5 years
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Security patterns, Reverse engineering resistance, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Python (more than 3 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Flask, Falcon, Django, Web2py, aiohttp, Tornado) (more than 3 year)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. e.g. pyTest, unittest) (more than 2 years)
- ORM (e.g. SQLAlchemy) (more than 2 year)
- RDBMS (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, MS SQL) (more than 2 year)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS, Azure Service Bus, Google Pub/Sub)
- Web Servers
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Cloud computing platforms AWS
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms, microservices solutions
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Parallel low-latency computing
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Certifications on:
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Serverless architecture
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Experience with Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, Multisport cards, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office at the heart of Sofia. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Ciklum entered Bulgaria in 2022 to expand its presence in Eastern Europe and is ready to welcome bright talents.
Be a part of a big story created right now – let’s grow our delivery centre in Bulgaria together. Boost your skills and knowledge: create and innovate with like-minded professionals as a part of a global company with a local spirit and start-up soul.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.