At Tictrac we have a simple mission: to change the way people look after themselves, for good. We’re trying to achieve this via a multi-device health and lifestyle platform that provides users with lifestyle plans and support tailored to their wellbeing goals.
Our platform syncs with 100s of monitoring devices (think Fitbit, Jawbone etc.) and popular diet and fitness apps, allows users to compete in fitness challenges and delivers goal-based programs designed with input from leading personal trainers and experts in behaviour change.
Rather than being supplied directly to consumers, our platform is licensed, globally, by health, insurance and government organisations keen to engage their audience in lifestyle, fitness and wellbeing to reduce the risk of major health conditions.
On behalf of Tictrac, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our Lviv team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for an experienced Python Developer with a passion for pushing backend technologies to the limits. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Being a key stakeholder in the architecture, design and development of our backend systems
- Managing the data between the product, server and users
- Integrating and connecting with external APIs
- Implementing and building solutions for the backend systems by translating business requirements and designs into high quality, reusable code
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ideate, define, design and ship new features
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency and product enhancements
- Creating unit tests to verify functionality, usability and general reliability against specifications
- Diagnosing performance issues, troubleshooting issues reported by stakeholders, debugging and implementing code fixes to improve the backend performance
- Working with cross-functional teams to produce and maintain internal and external-facing documentation
- Collaborating with colleagues to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Optimising the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participating in technical discussions and contributing to decision-making in relation to the backend
- 5 years’ of software development experience with Python
- Able to design, plan and implement complex technical solutions / architectures
- Django/Django REST or experience with other Python web frameworks is essential
- Proven knowledge of REST API and service-based architecture and development
- Experience with AWS or other major cloud platforms will be an advantage
- Track record of working with PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with message/task queue systems such as Celery and RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Jira etc.
- Working knowledge of the general backend landscape, architecture and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
- Experience working with product management and UX/UI designers
- Advanced English skills
- Prior experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Ci /CD) technologies, specifically Drone and Jenkins
- Unit testing experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or another engineering related subject
- Committed to creating quality products
- Sound problem solving and debugging skills
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Can take ownership and work autonomously on large technical projects
- Consistently able to strike a good balance of technical tradeoffs and business priorities
- Demonstrable ability and willingness to think in terms of product / business as a whole
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and initiative
What's in it for you
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client