Sisense, the cutting edge BI company, dedicated to be one step ahead of the market. We love innovation, we always seek better solutions and customer delight.Turning complexity into simplicity is our goal and we take no less than ‘WOW!’.
Sisense provides a single stack BI solution, from a blazing fast analytical server that can mash up big and complex data sets out of various source providers, through a killer Data Prep product, to a powerful reporting product that turns data into insights and business value that can be shared across the organization.
Established in 2004, Sisense has an office on Wall Street in New York City, where the sales and marketing team sits, and two offices in Tel Aviv, Israel, where R&D, worldwide sales, and support are located. Hundreds of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, are using Sisense to crunch their data and uncover insights. eBay, ESPN, Sony, NASA, and Motorola are just a few example of the leading companies who have chosen Sisense as their BI tool.
On behalf of Sisense, Ciklum is looking for Senior R&D Director to lead the team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
Role general description
R&D Director will manage a delivery group working on a product and be responsible for the site growth, representing the company, making sure the site is aligned to the Sisense culture, spirit and professional standards expected from our people and acts as the overarching leader on site for cross site activities, issues etc.
- Work with Top Management to help assure strategy and execution alignment in Kyiv location and support site growth plans;
- Work closely with Sisense Group R&D and PS Directors to ensure successful delivery & team performance, help Direct Managers to eliminate bottlenecks affecting delivery;
- Facilitate and maintain excellent communication between Israel, US and Ukraine sites to allow blended teams perform at the highest effectiveness, consult on cross-culture differences, UA market specifics;
- Escalate any cross site related issues that affect productivity and require company attention;
- Build strong leadership team in Kyiv site, mentor Team Leads on personal and business matters;
- Hold team gatherings for the site-related activities/issues/requirements or any other cross company topics that needs to be communicated;
- Communicate Corporate policies and guidelines, values, strategies, and objectives to Kyiv site;
- Be part of decision making for internal promotions, change of Sisense Kyiv organizational structure / teams’ reshuffle;
- Co-manage HR, collaborate with Finance and Legal;
- Lead the final interviews for every position in Kyiv site, in particular for any leadership position;
- Be part of final decision regarding employee release;
- Lead the planning and execution of all employee related activities (cross-site hackathons, educational events, happy hours, Winter and Summer parties etc.);
- Represent the site in external local events that require business representation;
- Based on Sisense engagement survey results for the site and create an action plan together with the VP R&D to address issues if needed;
- Create and deliver a consistent status and planning reporting structure across all sub-teams in Kyiv;
- Coordinate with on-shore PMs to help ensure overall delivery success, manage risks, and drive process improvements.
- Proven R&D Director experience and planning skills, history of delivering product capabilities on time with groups of more than 25 developers and QA engineers;
- Site management experience;
- Proven track record of building/influencing a site culture and internal processes;
- Technical project management background & good understanding of full range of SDLC;
- Strong people management & leadership skills;
- Proven experience of risk management & mitigation;
- Strong communication & negotiation skills with the ability to influence senior business executives on agile culture and best practices;
- Ability to balance stakeholders, build trustful relationship;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams, motivate, direct and coach staff;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Ability to work in a high pace and a high velocity environment;
- Ability to manage organizational changes and transformations.
What's in it for you
- Career and professional growth within fast-growing Startup;
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities;
- Unique working environment where you have an opportunity to build & influence Kiev site development;
- Business trips;
- Medical Insurance.
- Long-term employment with 24 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.