RETO MOTO (www.reto.dk) is a game studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Established in 2008 by the original founders of IO Interactive and the creators of the Hitman series. RETO MOTO employs 35+ people who are all-passionate, and dedicated to making Heroes & Generals the ultimate interactive WW2 experience.
Heroes & Generals (www.heroesandgenerals.com) is the ultimate WW2 game experience. A free-to-play FPS at a massive scale where Germany, the United States and the Soviet Union fight for victory in one grand, persistent online war fought by players across the world with access to a huge arsenal of vehicles and weapons. You fight and make friends as a team and as part of a huge and growing community. No matter if you play as Infantry, Tank Crew, Fighter Pilot, Paratrooper, Recon or as a General taking strategic decisions – everything you do makes a difference in the war.
On behalf of RETO MOTO, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Server Back End Programmer with a strong ability to analyze, predict, and optimize the performance of the system to join our team in Minsk.
You will be responsible for maintenance and further development of the framework that forms the backbone of the system, keeping a strong focus on stability, reliability and scalability.
You have a strong interest in distributed systems, and have several years of experience in working with both design, implementation and testing. We expect you to be able to analyze, predict and optimize the performance of the system.
The majority of the work will be in C#/.NET and you must have solid experience with both Windows and Linux environments. Experience with PostgreSQL and Python is a plus.
You will be working in close connection with the rest of the development team and should thrive and be able to perform well in a group of people with different skills and backgrounds.
We are offering a full-time position where you will be part of a highly motivated team of experienced developers making work fun to make fun work.
- Maintain and develop the server framework built in C#
- Ensure the server framework will scale and perform with future demands
- Develop additional functionality for the game using the framework
- 5+ years’ overall development experience
- Expert C#/.NET programming skills (at least 5 years of professional experience)
- Experience designing and developing large frameworks
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems, including scaling and performance optimization
- Solid experience with both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with relational databases, PostgreSQL in particular
- Upper-Intermediate English skills (written and spoken)
- Тools: Visual Studio, experience with source control systems (Perforce) and Bug Tracking systems
- Experience with Python scripting or other scripting languages is a plus
- Experience building client/server architecture is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar background
- Game industry experience is a plus
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Ability to perform well in a group of people with different skills and backgrounds
- Self-motivated, but able to receive constructive feedback and integrate into work
- Comfortable solving problems outside of primary areas of expertise
- Ability to take on research and self-education
What's in it for you
- Possibility for business trips in relation to projects activities
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client