eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing more than 12 million users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading, blockchain and machine-learning-based investment products. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is at the forefront of Fintech technology. Our Research and Development department develops cutting-edge technologies, focusing on field-relevant areas, such as blockchain and artificial intelligence. We offer competitive fees and an organizational culture which is both professional and fun.
On behalf of eToro, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Software Developer (Node.js) to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
eToroX is the blockchain and crypto division of eToro, which was established in 2018. It’s responsible for all the technological developments and business operations related to the most exciting domain that exists today in Fintec – the blockchain. We have Crypto Exchange, crypto wallet, and other products already in production for a few years. We are growing fast and have ambitious technological and business goals.
eToroX Exchange is based on a microservice architecture running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and using Kubernetes (GKE) for automatic deployment, scaling, and management.
Trading can be done via GUI, REST API, Websocket, or FIX API. The main technologies used in the product are React for the frontend, Nodejs and .NET for the backend trading components, Ruby on Rails for Back Office, Google Managed SQL for persistence, Rabbit MQ, and Kafka for messaging, and Vault for storing sensitive data.
We also make use of other modern technologies like Redis for caching, Envoy as a proxy, and Kafka Streams for scalable event-driven components.
We’re not shy to try new technologies if they fit the job!
- Take part in the design and development of 24/7 high scale APIs and distributed systems using Node.js, .NET, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Redis, and more
- Own, monitor, and improve our microservices services in the production
- Write technical design documents and take part in design review meetings
- Face technical challenges – performance, fault-tolerance, low-latency, security, and live production issues
- Be involved throughout our services life cycle, influence every step of the way
- 4 years of experience in backend development
- 3 years of experience in developing using Node.js
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience in distributed, highly available, and high scale RESTful APIs
- Experienced with Redis, RabbitMQ, NoSQL, SQL – preferred
- Experience with C#, Java, or C++
- Fast learner
- An eye for detail, strong logic, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with a “can do” attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- A persistent focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive approach for difficulties, and imaginative problem solver
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Good spoken and written English
What's in it for you
- Working with the latest technologies
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Client, time zones are the same
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to work in a world-known and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation