Janrain was founded in 2002 and in 2004 Founder Larry Drebes and a few engineers began working closely with the early proponents of the OpenID protocol to provide a simple way for companies to solve this problem.
Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain created the category it operates in; which positions it to be the largest digital identity network in the world. If you are “people” who have an insatiable appetite for success with the greater team in mind, you need to talk to us.
Janrain powers customer identity management for brands like Pfizer, AMC, Samsung, Whole Foods, Fox News, Philips, Marvel, Mattel and Dr. Pepper. Founded in 2002, Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon, with offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Redwood City, California.
Curious about our name? It was a characteristically rainy January in Portland when Larry decided to turn his vision into what we call Janrain today.
On behalf of Janrain, Ciklum is looking for experienced Senior Software Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis and to help create awesome product.
Have you always dreamed of being a part of a world-class team, but haven’t quite found a culture that truly understands what this means? Well, this may be that dream opportunity ready for the taking. Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain created the category it operates in; which positions it to be the largest digital identity network in the world. If you are “people” who have an insatiable appetite for success with the greater team in mind, you need to talk to us.
The Sr. Software Engineer position at Janrain is responsible for the design, development, deployment, documentation, testing, and troubleshooting of new and existing AWS cloud hosted Janrain services. This is a demanding role that will require hands-on experience with infrastructure, backend services, database management, Linux system administration, networking, and security. We’re looking for an energetic, well-organized, team player to join our Development team as a Senior Engineer on Janrain’s Kiev based Software Engineering team.
Qualified candidates will be passionate about uptime / availability / automation / security / scalability / cloud based infrastructure. Candidates will need to have a mix of experience with a minimum of 5 years in Software Development developing multi-tenant SaaS solutions for highly available distributed data systems.
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment developing and maintaining enterprise SaaS software as part of a Software Development Team.
- Design, develop and integrate services for the Janrain’s multi-tenant SaaS platform
- Design and develop highly available and scalable RESTful APIs for new and existing SaaS services
- Design and develop back-end systems which are responsible for the storage, transformation, and transport of large data sets
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Product Owners, Project Managers, and Technical Leads
- Write and execute unit and integration tests
- Coordinate with Product Manager in assessing, defining and refining product requirements
- Provide upper-tier technical support for customer issues
- Provide technical and design guidance and direction for more junior team members
- Create design specifications and demonstrate solutions with detailed documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming concepts
- Proficiency with command-line utilities such as bash, grep, ssh, etc.
- Experience with version control systems such as svn, mercurial, git, etc. (We use git)
- Experience with cloud-based architecture
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Familiarity with enterprise-level SaaS software concepts including services-oriented architecture, high availability, scalability, maintainability, concurrency, distributed computing and micro-services
- Familiarity with software testing concepts including unit testing, functional testing, regression testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), and performance testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Team player;
- Proactive, thorough and ambitious person;
- Self-motivated, with strong sense of responsibility.
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.