On behalf of New Client, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a member of our client’s technology team you must be inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions.
Contributing to the client’s founding values: Grow, Respect, Innovate, and Trust, you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using the latest Java based tools and technologies. Senior Software Engineers work in conjunction with Web Developers and Creative Developers and focus on delivering the backend services and systems integrations.
Our client is agency speed and end product, alongside consultancy thinking. They do digital consultancy, technology, analytics, user experience and brand design services working quickly, in one team.
They have a proven approach to solving business challenges. Through a deep understanding of the sectors they work in, they have developed a framework for client success.
They focus on these sectors:
- Transport & Travel
- Financial & Professional Services
- Property & Housing
- Manufacturing & Industry
- Consistently delivers high quality project tasks on time and to budget
- Receives a high level of internal and external client satisfaction
- Makes a positive contribution to the team and receives positive feedback from team members
- Strives to learn new skill and stays abreast of technical developments, successfully applying them to work practices
- Consistently performs well against billability and utilisation targets
- Constantly strives to improve processes and procedures
- Balance of industry best practices, principles, quality assurance and innovation in design and implementation
- Relentlessly reviews the standard of work, ensuring that only work meeting the highest levels of quality are delivered.
- 4+ years’ experience in Java Development
- Proven experience working with Java Core, SQL
- Experience of commercial website and API development, Enterprise development
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS or other clouds
- Understands technical debt – Able to analyse a technical solution and estimate how much effort would be required to refactor the code to meet expected standards or a planned future requirement.
- Understands performance characteristics – Understands how the design and implementation of a technical solution may affect performance and scalability.
- Develops sites with high performance targets – Able to develop solutions capable of meeting high traffic volumes without negatively impacting user experience.
- Develops innovative solution – Able to develop innovative solutions to a challenging technical problem where an existing solution does not already exist.
- Understands caching requirements – Able to determine correct strategy for caching web content based on the functional and non-functional requirements specification.
- Detailed knowledge of MVC/multi-tiered development – Able to design and build complex, multi-layered applications that can be extended, maintained and upgraded easily.
- Integration test design and application skills – Able to design and develop tests that test end-to-end functionality of an application deployed into a runtime environment.
- Database indexing strategy design skills – Able to evaluate database access requirements of a technical solution and how this should be reflected in indexes created on supporting database.
- Commerce application development – Able to develop common scenarios in commerce systems, including: security, payment provider integration, user feedback, fulfilment provider and CRM system integration.
- CMS development – Able to develop common scenarios in content management systems, navigation structures, metadata management, document and asset management, complex workflows and basic integration scenarios.
Our four values, Grow; Respect; Innovate; Trust form the acronym GRIT. These values are what we look for in the people we employ and the brands we choose to work with. Grit also means something to us. In its true sense, grit is a trait based on perseverance and resilience, not just talent. It’s a passion to achieve long-term goals by overcoming the obstacles and challenges that lie on a path to accomplishment. We feel grit sums up our values and behaviors rather well, and is the secret to our success.
- Grow: We have the ambition and belief to flourish and achieve success, together
- Respect: We have respect for our colleagues, clients, suppliers – everyone we do business with
- Innovate: We’re curious and will explore new ideas to find a smarter solution
- Trust: Trust underpins our reputation, it builds us new relationships and long-term partnerships
What's in it for you
- Infectious enthusiasm, plenty of passion and above all, a desire to see great ideas become reality.
- Mix these together and you get a sense of what it’s like to work at our client’s company. A massive part of our success is due to the efforts of our outstanding Project Managers who guide projects to realisation.
- Our client supports the long-term career development of individuals and provides great training and mentoring for employees helping them achieve their career goals.
- You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve client’s deliverables.