We are a growing business line of Ciklum with currently 250 employees that delivers approximately 70 projects simultaneously. Our projects usually last for 3-12 months and our technological focus is mainly on web and mobile technologies. So, you’ll have the opportunity to get frequently in touch with new projects. Through direct knowledge exchange with international clients you are an important contributor in making them successful.
Our environment gives you the opportunity to share your professionalism to help team members grow and we support you with training and education in the areas where you want to develop.
Ciklum is looking for Senior Solution Architect to join our team in Kyiv office.
Reporting into the Head of Enterprise Architecture the Senior Solution Architect is responsible for delivery of the Ciklum IT roadmap project solution and technical architectures underpinning all IT applications, technology, and infrastructure.
The Senior Solution Architect is recognized as an ambassador for Ciklum with strong communication skills to preserve positive relationships. As Ciklum is embarking on a significant business transformation program over the coming years to deliver on its strategic priorities, an effective, high-quality enterprise, solution and technology architecture capability is essential to its strategic objectives, and the successful candidate for this role will contribute to this success.
- Responsibility for the design of enterprise-grade software solutions to support the Ciklum IT Project portfolio.
- Ensuring that the correct software integration patterns and practices are followed, and designed to high technical standards
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and selecting the most appropriate technologies, architectural styles and patterns needed to deliver a software solution
- Support project and program management to understand, communicate and manage technical dependencies across platforms and projects
- Develop strong relationships with Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software Engineers and other teams across the organization in order to guarantee that solution designs map to the requirements of the business and are aligned to the strategic roadmap
- Work with external partners to ensure that their output adheres to Ciklum standards
- Ensure that any non-functional requirements, environmental or technology constraints are captured, considered and addressed as part of the solution design
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Drive efficiency, agility and reuse in the Ciklum IT estate.
- Deliver solutions adhering to Ciklum’s architecture governance process through the Architecture Review Board within the overall Ciklum IT governance framework. Leadership of a project Design Authority to ensure other technical teams and external party are following Ciklum’s principles & standards.
- Documentation of technology and product standards, architecture frameworks, reference models and policies.
- Work closely with peers in IT Project Delivery, IT Service Operations and Information Security to ensure that projects are compliant to architecture requirements, are operationally sound and meet Ciklum security requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation and selection of technologies (products, hardware, software) for Ciklum IT and business requirements.
- Remain abreast of the latest technology trends, products, architecture approaches and frameworks
- Consider the impact of design decisions on a variety of quality attributes, as well as functional requirements, to ensure that non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance and resilience are met.
- Evangelizing the benefits of architecture and the Ciklum Technology Roadmap across the business
- Effectively communicate technical designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be familiar with the use of modelling languages and artefacts to convey designs and be comfortable translating them into a higher-level view, through selection of the appropriate medium for the given audience.
The Senior Solution Architect should effectively manage project relationships with business teams, stakeholders, IT colleagues and suppliers:
- Maintaining regular stakeholder contact through face-to-face and written communication
- Dealing with stakeholder queries professionally and expeditiously creating an environment where peers recognize positive service and respect for business stakeholders.
- Recognizing opportunities for improvement and champion change management initiatives and motivate team members to embrace change
- Articulating and engaging in discussions about business architecture and the development of innovative solutions.
- Communicating complex technical concepts and issues clearly and succinctly to stakeholders at all levels of the organization, from junior technical staff to senior management.
The Senior Solution Architect must have knowledge of all architecture domains with an ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations. In addition, have a proven ability to take a logical and structured approach to evolve, lead and motivate a team, of direct and indirect reports.
Senior Solution Architect skills include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading the design and implementation of systems powering an organization of significant scale.
- Strong architectural and technical background; with some experience of delivering both custom solutions and of integrating enterprise applications, and associated architectural patterns and styles
- Appreciation of a variety of architectural styles such as Service Oriented Architectures including Microservices, Event Driven Architectures, Client-Server Architectures, REST etc.
- The ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- A sense of urgency and the ability to work in a multi-tasking manner leveraging prioritization skills to cope with working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to rapid change
- Ability to assess application packages, SaaS and bespoke solution options
- Good experience of working with globally distributed cloud architectures would be a useful addition
- You must be effective and comfortable in fluid situations and able to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrate influencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the creation of the architecture models, views and deliverables required to support solution project delivery.
- Proven ability to develop, and see through to implementation and operation, business outcome focused Solutions Architectures for complex projects, to meet functional and non-functional requirements, ideally using a best practice framework using enterprise tools.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- A ‘cloud first’ view: a track record in definition and delivery of architectures exploiting cloud technologies: Iaas, Paas and SaaS
- TOGAF Certification highly desired
- Knowledge of UML, BPMN 2.0, Archimate 3.0 modelling desired
- Degree level education, a postgraduate qualification is also desired.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ukrainian or Russian as well as English
Key leadership skills include:
- Highly developed communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts and issues clearly and succinctly to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Well-developed negotiation skills and ability to influence outcomes, with a demonstrated ability to resolve disagreements and issues, including potential architectural non-compliance
- Demonstrated capability to work in an unstructured and high-pressure environment.
- Experience in leading small teams of architects to develop solution architectures with IT
- Positive attitude, can-do mindset, high energy and a self-starter.
- A background in a professional services or consulting organization would be a significant benefit, including knowledge of key professional services concepts as well as the organizational, business and technical challenges that they face.
- A high degree of accountability and a track record of delivering on commitments.
- Credible at Project Steering Group level with well-developed influencing, communication and presentation skills.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.