On behalf of Toradex, Ciklum is looking for a Senior System Engineer to join our team.
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. We rely on exceptional engineering, modern infrastructure & advanced automation to consistently & rapidly deliver the latest & greatest hardware & software to our customers.
We are seeking a Senior IT Professional with relevant experience to work in our Horw office.
We are the backbone of the company’s IT Infrastructure. We make sure that the IT infrastructure is up and working 24×7 so that all employees can deliver on the company’s objectives.
You will work in the IT department, primarily with the Toradex team in our Horw office.
In this role you will be providing senior technical leadership in IT Architecture, Design of Networks and Virtualization of our infrastructure. Together with the IT team you will ensure smooth day-to-day IT operations.
You will have the opportunity to learn a variety of tech while collaborating with our engineers and helping drive our innovative software ecosystem forward. Some of the technologies we work with include Linux, KVM, Proxmox, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, and more. Are you ready to for the challenge?
- Design and drive major IT infrastructure updates and data center projects
- Manage evaluation of new IT tools and hardware and provide recommendations
- Manage Network Infrastructure om Horw Office, Co-ordinate with team for any network related issues
- Management of Storage – NetApp and Synology
- Co-ordinate with teams like R&D, DevOps/Automation for their infrastructure requirements
- Provide 1st Level and 2nd Level IT Support on a need basis, branch office computer hardware and peripherals
- Help diagnosing and solving hardware and software issues (2nd Level)
- Escalate and coordination issues/task with global IT team for resolving network, server, and data center related issues
- Advanced Knowledge of IT concepts, including networking, and system administration
- Experience in Virtualization technologies, Backup and Storage
- Strong knowledge of computer & IT hardware
- Strong Networking Knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other SMB networking concepts
- Experience with Linux & Kubernetes administration
- Experience with SMB HP/Cisco, Ubiquiti network equipment
- Knowledge of Active Directory management (account & device administration)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop 10/ Windows Server 201x
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office and Office 365
- Avid learner & problem solver. Excited to tackle new challenges
- Systems thinker who values quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Eager to take on diverse responsibilities, comfortable multitasking
- High-integrity, honest, open, communicative, team player, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional
- Effective communication skills – good English language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presentations
- Experience in Cloud Technologies like Azure, AWS (desirable)
- Experience with scripting and programming (desirable)
What's in it for you
- Flat organization
- A lot of freedom, also to experiment with new ideas and technologies
- Many technologies
- You can drive change & technologies
- Diversity in work
- Job enlargement to DevOps / Automation
- Cloud Strategy
- Grow with us (take ownership, success & failure, learn)